Where to buy AKG K272 HD?
Dec 14, 2008 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

elephino

New Head-Fier
I've looked far and wide and it doesn't look like any authorized on-line dealer carries these. In fact, I can only find the 702s from trusted sellers. The rest of the xx2 series is MIA. Anybody know why?

I guess the other question is, besides cosmetic, are there significant differences between the xx2 and xx1 series? If not than I'll just grab the 271s from Headroom and give 'em a listen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 12
$172 @ djdeals.com

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #5 of 12
what's the difference between these and the k271m2's sound wise?
or apart from colour what's different.

Dec 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 12
So, are third party sellers now authorized dealers under the Amazon umbrella? I used to work for an interent retail outfit that sold through Amazon marketplace. Everything was fine until I started working management. Then I started getting complaints from customers about how the manufacturer wouldn't honor warranty because we weren't authorized. Quit soon after. Just don't want to run into the same situation.

Thanks so much for the responses. Pretty sure I'm sticking with the Beyers, but I can't help scratching that itch.

intoart: yeah, I was kind of in the same boat. Heard great things about the 701s, but not sure if I can go for open headphones. Decided I don't want to lose base, don't want to hear neighbors during late night listening. They look beautiful, though. Hope you love 'em!

Dec 16, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #10 of 12
ph0rk: Thank you for the scoop on Pro Digital Mall. I did not turn this site up in my initial search. The other nine vendorz are not authorized dealerz. I avoid buying from anyone who spellz plural wordz with a z.

Dec 16, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 12
For anyone who cares about buying from an authorized dealer:

Did some more looking and found the DJDeals is not an authorized dealer for anything they sell.

DJDeals / JoyRyde inc. No longer Pioneer authorzied dealer

Warning: Purchase from this store will not have a warranty or be eligible for any promotions rebates etc.

"Karaoke Karl" Detken
Director of Product Planning & Artist Relations - North America
PIONEER Electronics (USA), Inc. - Pro Audio Group

Same from other manufacturers. I'll be happy to retract if informed otherwise.

Beach Audio, despite great reviews, shows no sign of being authorized.

Pro Digital Mall may be another DJDeals. They have a "if manufacturer does not honor warranty" clause, so I'm not sure about them.

Did some digging and finally turned up Headphone Reviews & Recommendations
They're brick and mortar store is Listening Station out of Idaho. Claim is right there on the website. They even test cans before they ship.

They carry the K272 and some other xx2 models.

Hope this helps for anyone who is particular about who they buy from. Finding a local dealer isn't always easy. Going online can be tougher. I'm sure the above mentioned sellers are top notch, but I like to have some sort of security that the manufacturer will come to my aid if needed.

Dec 16, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon.com: AKG K272 HD Hi-Definition Closed-Back Studio Quality Headphones: Electronics

Deep discount, too!
(I almost bought these instead of the 701s because of the isolation, but decided they might sacrifice too much soundstage/imaging.)

I just got mine today from them. Well packed and quick service. Got here a day before the estimated ground service. I have not had a chance for a real listen but the look very nice. They are on the big side. Definitely too big to wear around your neck. My main use will be transportable (take it to the library, computer lab, coffee shop, or just use at home). They seem well built. You can bend them in each and every direction. Sound isolation is very good. Very soft and comfy pads. I wear glasses and these headphones are really comfy. Now to burn in and wait for Nuforce Icon Mobile to come in. This is my first real set of headphones. Just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back