Where should I get my beyerdynamic Tesla T-1's retermimated for balanced?
Mar 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
Where can I get these re-terminated for balanced?  Moon Audio?  I'm going to keep the stock cable.  Anyone know how much it will run?  Thanks.

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 9
I say do it yourself!  I've been thinking about reterminating mine and have looked up on how to do it.  Doesn't seem difficult at all.

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 9
To be honest I wouldnt do it myself the retermination, eventhough I am skilled in soldering but it is another thing to reterminate the T1 or the e.g. used DT880's. Fact is, that it is almost the same inside but I also read in another thread that sb. tried it with the lucky ending that the coil wires were dissappeared because of the heat of the soldering iron. Further I think that the level of feeling to destroy sth is much higher as doing the same with lower priced cans.

Concerning your question I know that there are a few aftermarket cable resellers outside which will do it for you, though I havent tried them because I am happy with the stock cable. Just use headfi and look at the sponsors for example or try a search in this forum.

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 9
I recommend Robert at http://aphroditecu29.com

I ordered a set of T-1s from Robert, had them recabled and terminated with XLRs for balanced use. After listening to T-1s at a meet in January, I decided I wanted a pair, and the owner passed along Robert's name. Very easy to work with.

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Where can I get these re-terminated for balanced?  Moon Audio?  I'm going to keep the stock cable.  Anyone know how much it will run?  Thanks.

Sorry for my last answer. I have read tooo fast. So, if you only want to re-terminate the plug you really can do it by your own or with the help of a friend with skills in soldering!! I have thought that you want to replace the cable..

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
I recommend Robert at http://aphroditecu29.com

I ordered a set of T-1s from Robert, had them recabled and terminated with XLRs for balanced use. After listening to T-1s at a meet in January, I decided I wanted a pair, and the owner passed along Robert's name. Very easy to work with.

Ditto. Robert has my T1's right now, and is doing a balanced conversion so they will work with my new WA22. Very good to work with, and you can see a set of the T1's with new cables on his website.

Mar 12, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 9

I would love to hear your impressions of the WA22 with the T1s. I am looking at it as my next amp upgrade. 

Quote:
Ditto. Robert has my T1's right now, and is doing a balanced conversion so they will work with my new WA22. Very good to work with, and you can see a set of the T1's with new cables on his website.

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #8 of 9
Wotts,

Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread.  There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups.  I'll post up here when it's done and have it.  I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead.  Easier.  I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out. And I agree the two xlrs is way cool.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Wotts,

Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread.  There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups.  I'll post up here when it's done and have it.  I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead.  Easier.  I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back