Where is the best place to buy Audio Technica ATH-AD700's for Canadians?
Oct 27, 2009 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Quickstrike

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have decided that I want to buy the Audio Technica ATH-AD700's.

All I have to do now is figure out the best/cheapest way to buy them.

It looks like I can pick them up on Amazon.com for ~$135.00 USD when all the shipping is worked into the price.

Any better deals out there for a new pair?

Thanks for the help!
-Quickstrike

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 5
I would buy them from the For Sale forum.... just don't buy the ones from hurryup. He deserves to be stuck with those >_>.

In any case, they are much cheaper here in the states, and so, you should be able to pick up a pair for $70 or so USD from the For Sale if you're a bit patient.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would buy them from the For Sale forum.... just don't buy the ones from hurryup. He deserves to be stuck with those >_>.

lol, Quickstrike best to buy them off the forums, you can avoid tax :p You could try google to see if you can find any retailers, but if they're in canada I doubt they'll be cheap.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #4 of 5
I checked accessoryjack but they don't carry the AD700, JR has them for $89 but I believe the shipping costs to Canada is about $40 or there about from them. You may be able to find an understanding US head-fi member who would be willing to buy and ship the phones to you. It would probably save you about $20 in shipping costs and if they sent them as a gift you would probably be able to dodge getting nabbed with customs taxes.

Like some others have said you can usually get a good deal through the FS forum, and buying used will mean they will be mostly broken in when you get them too. I bought mine used and have been very happy with them. In fact I bought brand new AD900 phones recently and while liking the idea of "new" found the whole breakin process a pain LOL.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I checked accessoryjack but they don't carry the AD700, JR has them for $89 but I believe the shipping costs to Canada is about $40 or there about from them. You may be able to find an understanding US head-fi member who would be willing to buy and ship the phones to you. It would probably save you about $20 in shipping costs and if they sent them as a gift you would probably be able to dodge getting nabbed with customs taxes.

That is a good option too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back