Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Oct 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #1,786 of 1,964
There's debate on whether he is out of business or not. But no one on head-fi will do any business with him for sure. And he's not sending out any amps or refunds or communication as far as I am aware. My amp is at a different shop to be fixed.

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #1,787 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's debate on whether he is out of business or not. But no one on head-fi will do any business with him for sure. And he's not sending out any amps or refunds or communication as far as I am aware. My amp is at a different shop to be fixed.

Boo...that's too bad.
frown.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #1,788 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes...something did happen.

Disputed my $11,300 purchase through paypal/American Express. $6,500 refunded prompty from paypal (through AmEx) within about a month of dispute. $4,800 recovered directly through AmEx after disputing 3 times, sending copies of email correspondences, sales invoices, phone conversations. (I paid half first and the rest after Mikhail told me my amp was done in December of 2008)

Order date for amp/cables: 9/23/08. AmEx says to dispute within 60 days but how can you do this if it is a custom build that is going to take months to complete if at all? (can't dispute a charge online automatically after 60 days - CALL THEM) - I think I disputed in like February over the phone and argued my case.

Suggestion - Dispute through paypal/credit card immediately. You may get lucky and have enough evidence to prove your case that you do not want an amp, if you even receive an amp who knows if it will work and just want your money back because this guy can't be trusted. Mikhail built some serious amps in the past but now its BS.

I hope this helps.

Great job! Same here, I got $4000 back from citicard, $3000 from bankofamerica. Both 10 month after statement posting date.

Oct 17, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #1,790 of 1,964
Quote:

Hey neilvg, did you ever get your amp fixed?
My Concerto (Maestro-ES-1) is in the shop now.

similar amp in the same situation.
how do i get it back...or get compensation?
no credit card dispute to make..

Oct 18, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #1,791 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by didwlgh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

File a report and hope for the best.

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #1,792 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by didwlgh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is neilvg's amp in Mikhail's possession?! The last time I heard, he (neilvg) still had it, but that it wasn't working.

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #1,794 of 1,964
Sorry I've been MIA as far as head-fi is concerned. Regarding my Amp, Ironbut was actually able to fix it. Turned out the cause was a faulty bias pot. Once that was fixed all was back to how it was. He also strengthened any weak solder joints and what not that he encountered as well.

He gave the amp a solid look and told me that it was in much much better shape than what had been initially suggested when I posted pic internals. In any case, these amps can be fixed and in at least my case, the solution was pretty painless.

Neil

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #1,795 of 1,964
Good to hear Neil (good man Ironbut), I had pot issues myself... replaced them with no major trauma.

Cheers,

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #1,796 of 1,964
My Singlepower Balanced Extreme is getting gutted and completely rebuilt!

"An Extreme makeover". I was told that (can't say who is doing the work, but someone here who knows!) he was surprised it even worked, it is that bad. Thanks Mikhail!!!!

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #1,797 of 1,964
Great news Neil. If anyone deserve a high quality working amp, it would be you.

You put in the research the benjamins, and have the associated equipment to go with it. You have been more patient then I would have been.

A-

Nov 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #1,798 of 1,964
So, are there any conspiracy theories regarding what's happened to Mikhail or where he has gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back