Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Sep 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #1,756 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try your credit card company again. This time is to dispute the charge. In my case, both citicard and bank of america refound the payment+interest even the charges are 10 month old. For charge older than 3 month. You need fill up different forms, write a detailed letter, and print out your email as evidence. Then wait a few weeks, ban, there is your money back!

I think I am going to get CD.

Any tips on how to recoup funds/amp for an amp sent into SP for upgrades? Urgh.

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #1,758 of 1,964
Seacard, I haven't checked the statute of limitations or the general rules for laches on these - it would be complex. But many statutes of limitations will run for several years, so it is worth looking into.

As for getting blood from a stone, I agree. However, no one really knows how many assets Mikhail has. It is possible to seize personal property, garnish accounts and force sales of real property. Those cannot be answered here, however, that absolutely does not mean those avenues shouldn't be explored.

In one case I worked on, we used a default to send a sherrif and a few agents over to the person's house and we seized everything in the guy's house. Furniture, appliances, everything. I can't say for certain if that culd happen here, but, again, it would be worth exploring that option. It could force the return of any number of amps. If Mikhail is holding a horde of gear, it could be returnd or sold by a receiver to satisfy people.

This cannot be answered here, but people who are owed money and/or gear might get something instead of nothing. Further, it would be a measure of justice.

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #1,759 of 1,964
Reading this thread, and a few of the other tales of woe in this forum, I am ecstatic to have a DAC/amp that works - forget about whether its the best thing in the known universe (it isnt) : I had it in my hands 10 minutes after auditioning it. Even my MD-10, a basic piece of kit if ever there was one, hasnt caused me any grief in 6 months of ownership : maybe I should appreciate these and my integrated CA a whole lot more. How many businesses could afford to keep their customers waiting for months on end, delivering nothing, and still be in business ??

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #1,761 of 1,964
I just returned from my trip to RMAF 09 in Denver. I stayed with my son who lives in Aurora. It's about a 15 minute drive from Singlepower on Chambers Rd. Check out the above picture. I pulled up to the front (Chambers Rd) and took a peek. It looked the same as it did about 2 years ago. The venetian blinds were closed and filthy, the door was closed and locked. There was a little hole that I could peek through. It looked like the inside of one of his Amp's. It looked like a hand grenade went off inside. There was filth and debris all over the floor, including busted up wood and plaster. It's obvious that no one has been there for some time. There was a small sign on the door that said "Deliveries call this number" I think it was the same number I use to call to get my phony shipping dates.

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #1,763 of 1,964
10 months later... still no status update on my amp.

As mentioned time and time again, those of you who still own SP amp(s) please don't send it back to Mikhail for repairs.

/facepalm

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #1,764 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to keep posting this until someone answers in the affirmative:

Have any of the aggrieved parties contacted the Colorado AG's Office yet? And if not, why?

Since no one else would, I emailed what I believe to be the Colorado AG's Office of Consumer Fraud. Here's their reply:

A quick search indicates that this location is an empty residence that is for sale. Unfortunately, if you purchased your item via the Internet, it appears that you are a victim of fraud. This is not a situation that our office can immediately address. However, do suggest that you report your information to the Internet Crime Complaint Center: Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home.

Sincerely,
Office of Consumer Fraud

I guess I'll file a complaint there and see where that gets me.

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #1,765 of 1,964
Well done! That response is a disappointing cop-out, though. My guess is that if a few people call and try to speak to a real person to give the AG an idea of the dollar amount at issue here, it may gain some traction.

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #1,770 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stop me if I'm wrong but it sort of sounds like he's gone underground.

Might be worth having someone pose as a potential new buyer who has no history with SP, and see if a current address comes out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back