Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jan 27, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #1,081 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And that power supply.. I think speaks for itself.

It does speak for itself.

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #1,086 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$15,600. Seriously.

Heh! You almost had me there......

...... no wait, you are serious, aren't you? I could buy a brand new Toyota Corolla for that in Australia!
frown.gif

PS, I apologise in advance if there ends up being 15 copies of this post. The forum is going COMPLETELY nuts right now!
rolleyes.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #1,087 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have on good authority that the amp is essentially a chinese kit + 4x squarewave boards and that power supply.. I think speaks for itself. I basically bought several squarewaves in fancy chassis that does not work.

and for 10K (or thereabouts)!

wow! i am shocked. and that power supply is . . .
ph34r.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #1,088 of 1,964
If this is what SinglePower sells for $15,600, imagine how much money AMB could charge if he commercially made and marketed amps like the krmathis group build......

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #1,090 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if it arrived and worked that power supply is completely unacceptable regardless of price.

Spot on.

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #1,094 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So basically its a lose-lose situation for the customer except for a select few. You either complain bug him enough and he throws something together as fast as he can or you wait for YEARS to get something correct back. That's just wrong. Don't think I'll ever own another SP amp again.

SinglePower's point-to-point wiring has always been prone to being like this, even as far back as the similar controversy in 2003. Back then, people claimed the pictures were fabricated. Clearly that was not the case, and SinglePower has not changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back