Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jan 10, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #946 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just reading this thread is like visiting a hospice patient.

More like running around on a firing range with a target painted on your back...

Jan 11, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #949 of 1,964
coughwoocough, coughttvjcough, cougheddiecurrentcough

I think there are a number of them out there. I do not think that simply because they haven't created $15k behemoths (yet) that they do no have the skills nor inclination to do so. A bespoke amp can likely be designed and built by quite a few companies (and not just strictly HP amp builders either).

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #950 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is not working.

Mine died over 2 months ago.

SP apparently installed an incompatible part in the power supply. Also, the biasing never worked correctly, and one of the screw threads on a spiked foot was too long.

I'm out over $11,000. I waited 11.5 months for the amp to be built. It died 2.5 months later. Now another 2 months of waiting and waiting. A month ago, SP said that it was "done." Two weeks ago, the delay was due to "shipping."

Since then, SP has not returned my calls.

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #951 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by leberserkfury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anxiously waiting for another amp maker with SP skills and a high priority for customer service to step in and service this community.....

There are many:

1. HeadRoom
2. Ray Samuel
3. Rudistor

Plus a few DIYers w/ the B22.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #952 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine died over 2 months ago.

SP apparently installed an incompatible part in the power supply. Also, the biasing never worked correctly, and one of the screw threads on a spiked foot was too long.

I'm out over $11,000. I waited 11.5 months for the amp to be built. It died 2.5 months later. Now another 2 months of waiting and waiting. A month ago, SP said that it was "done." Two weeks ago, the delay was due to "shipping."

Since then, SP has not returned my calls.

Seriously now, who is going to be the first to file suit against Mikhail? It's time for the angry mob.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #953 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are many:

1. HeadRoom
2. Ray Samuel
3. Rudistor

Got to add Craig Uthus at Eddie Current, and his gorgeous amps!

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #954 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are many:

1. HeadRoom
2. Ray Samuel
3. Rudistor

+ Jack at Woo Audio

Jan 11, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #955 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+ Jack at Woo Audio

+2 After placing an order with Woo I've never had to wait more than a week for for things to arrive, and when sending an item out for repair I've never had to wait more than a week to a week-and-a-half for the item to be returned to me. Good stuff.

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #956 of 1,964
When you get an advance tracking number, wait a day and then go to USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) and enter the number where it says "track and trace", if nothing comes up, then be 99.99999% certain, it was not dropped off for shipment. These numbers, by the way, are generated automatically as a result of entering shipment data into USPS by the shipper, a customer of USPS.. It does not come from USPS.

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #958 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YBM Audio products

Has anyone bought a beta 22 from these guys?

No, but considering a CKKIII runs for $385 - over 3 times the basic parts cost - I dread to think how expensive a fully loaded B22 would be
frown.gif

[EDIT] Mind you, their Mini3 pricing seems fairly reasonable.

Jan 12, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #960 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but considering a CKKIII runs for $385 - over 3 times the basic parts cost - I dread to think how expensive a fully loaded B22 would be
frown.gif

[EDIT] Mind you, their Mini3 pricing seems fairly reasonable.

Parts cost times three is on the low side for a normal retail company to cover labor costs and you see a lot higher margins here without anybody complaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rumor has it that Kevin Gilmore is willing to repair a few SP amps for disgruntled customers, but not if he is inundated. Is this true?

Kevin was willing to rectify the basic design flaws of a couple of ES amps but I doubt that he's going into business fixing SP amps according to a conversation that we had on this very matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back