Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jun 11, 2008 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,964

neilvg

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Headfiers,

Does anyone know where Mikhail is? has anyone tried to contact him recently? He is totally MIA, mailbox full, and basically washed off the face of the earth. This is concerning because he is harboring a VERY expensive amp.

This is very upsetting - since, as we all know, Singlepower is not known for their responsiveness. However this recent run is non-existence!

Neil

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Headfiers,

Does anyone know where Mikhail is? has anyone tried to contact him recently? He is totally MIA, mailbox full, and basically washed off the face of the earth. This is concerning because he is harboring a VERY expensive amp.

This is very upsetting - since, as we all know, Singlepower is not known for their responsiveness. However this recent run is non-existence!

Neil

I talked to him about an amp last Friday. He bought a place in the country with a large outbuilding and he has been working from there much of the time. Also, he is building ALL the amps again and I think he is concentrating on getting his backlog caught up. So, I dont think he is answering the phone as much. But, he is definitely still around.

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 1,964
I spoke to him yesterday.

He is still working on my amp and other 'Hi End' amp orders,more or less solidly for the last three weeks.He said he's been doing more tweaking of the power supply grounding,hopefully this is the last of the tweaks!

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 1,964
1) Yes I have called him
2) He's avoiding my calls
3) His mailbox is full
4) I've been trying to reach him for 2 weeks calling him every day
5) He promised delivery of my amp (in for repair) over a month ago.

Irresponsibility.

Neil

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 1,964
i think mikhail's doing all the work himself and is probably just screening
his calls/emails at this point to maximize his time on getting the
orders finished and other private affairs... from my experiences,
he's late on his ship dates consistently, but he always makes up
for it with quality product and then some...

Jun 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #7 of 1,964
A friend of mine is now over a year waiting for an admittedly very special and very expensive amp, his frustration is at times very high as he has repeatedly at least the last 6 months been told that it is now almost ready to ship

Jun 11, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 1,964
Is there a point at which a small manufacturer is in legal jeopardy when it comes to not shipping in a "reasonable" amount of time, or at least in not providing communication about any difficulties?

I'm not asking about this specific instance or Singlepower, I'm asking a general question.

My point is, I'd be terrified, myself, personally, about being an entrepreneur in today's legal atmosphere.

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 1,964
Quote:

1) Yes I have called him
3) His mailbox is full

Irresponsibility.

Neil

We're very disappointed for you, but it's not like this surprises anybody.

Your ES-2 in captivity is not exactly a $200 cheapie, so if you're having problem getting service from SP, then well..

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #10 of 1,964
Quote:

1) Yes I have called him
3) His mailbox is full

Irresponsibility.

Neil

I agree completely. That is no way to run a business and appears to be extremely poor customer service. I feel your pain...

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #11 of 1,964
Quote:

1) Yes I have called him
3) His mailbox is full

Irresponsibility.

Neil

AVOID THE MADNESS!!! Get the TTVJ 307A instead!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #12 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AVOID THE MADNESS!!! Get the TTVJ 307A instead!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Update: I spoke with Mikhail today (he called me). One can't help but feel sorry for the guy. It's not like he's vacationing. He consistently brings up his business issues, and how he needs to come to a resolution concerning the organizational elements of his company. Unfortunately, and he admits this too - he's been saying this for over two years. In another field, where the customers of a niche product are less forgiving, this business would not have lasted as it has here. However, we audiophiles are an especially loyal and die hard bunch - for better or for worse.

4N6 - While I am sure the 307A is good, you don't know what this amp I am waiting for is all about. It is an electrostatic based tube-amp which I feel, and in my experience, is peerless. There might be a few out there that are close, but the HE90 headphone paired with this monster and my NWO source is to me, the best that it gets.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back