Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jan 16, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #976 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey nice.. hit him where it hurts I guess. Shrug I was a pretty big proponent and supporter and now I only have shame for any positive things I've said about his products whether they still hold true or not.

shame? for complimenting his products? WHY? very few would disagree with the statement that they sound great.

The sad thing in this whole deal IS in that his sound is becoming secondary to delivery times & general business practices. This is only his own fault, but if you look at a lot of other threads, the only thing that matters now is that the amp comes as fast as a happy-meal and a shake. Yes, fries and a shake applies to people who wont even wait a predictable amount of time for a zana-deux (craig is said to be reliable in time estimates...) I want it now.

I think I am also coming to the "other side" and agree with many problems listed in these thread, but it will take a lot of work to get me to fault "Mikhail's sound." At one time, we listened to the amps...

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #978 of 1,964
I'm going to chime in here. This is the very first thing I've ever written about my experience with Single Power and I'm going to make it brief. I ordered an SDS XLR.....waited 6 months, which at the time I thought was insane (now I realize I got the better end of the stick).......THEN I immediately noticed a defect in that the left and right offered a different treble response. This became very apparent when I ran some test tones through the amp using several headphones. I sent the amp back for a repair in June of 2008. He said it would take a few days. 2 and a half months passed and I told Mikhail that either my amp would be ready by September 1st or I was to be refunded. He agreed. Well September 1st came and went. Now Mikhail will not take my calls, my emails, and has my 10 Grand and my amp and power supply. I honestly don't know what to do. I am in the process of taking legal action. And I can only hope if he or someone else from SinglePower has the opportunity to read this, that they know I have several payments and emails documenting my experience and it is in their best interest to refund me IMMEDIATELY. You get the gist of the story through this very brief post. However, if I am not refunded in the near future, I will expose every detail of my story. These details are unimaginable!

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #980 of 1,964
Yes, I am disgusted and I WILL take this all the way to court in Colorado even if the lawsuit costs the entire cost of the amp. I will NOT let someone take that kind of money from me and not deliver. And certainly as of this point I refuse on all conditions to accept a product from that company as they have completely voided my trust not only in terms of the competence of their product but also just the integrity of their business manner.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #981 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shame? for complimenting his products? WHY? very few would disagree with the statement that they sound great.

The sad thing in this whole deal IS in that his sound is becoming secondary to delivery times & general business practices. This is only his own fault, but if you look at a lot of other threads, the only thing that matters now is that the amp comes as fast as a happy-meal and a shake. Yes, fries and a shake applies to people who wont even wait a predictable amount of time for a zana-deux (craig is said to be reliable in time estimates...) I want it now.

I think I am also coming to the "other side" and agree with many problems listed in these thread, but it will take a lot of work to get me to fault "Mikhail's sound." At one time, we listened to the amps...

I have had no faults with his sound.. but when's the last time you've heard him deliver that sound? Everybody I've talked to has either received something that was not as described or something that was unreliable and failed within months. There was an era where maybe he'd take a long time to deliver but what he would deliver was solidish and sounded great.. but that time has passed. I myself dwelled in that era and now that I am dealing in the new era well...

As for ashamed? Well if I led even a single person into experiencing what I am experiencing and others are experiencing then yeah I should feel ashamed.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #983 of 1,964
Well I'm not going to commit seppuku over what I've said in the past, but hopefully I learn to hype less in general to prevent things from biting me in the ass later in life. I'm just tired. Very tired and not a little bit angry.

Jan 16, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #984 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now Mikhail will not take my calls, my emails, and has my 10 Grand and my amp and power supply.

Oh good lord. I emailed Mikhail several months back, as i was inquiring several options for an electrostatic amp. SP was one option I wanted to explore at the time.

The amount of detail in his responses to my questions were nothing short of impeccable. I can't believe hes doing this. I guess hes trying to lure in new customers, but wow it was almost too much at the time. The prices were what made me hesitate. He recommended the ES-1 at 7k to 11k maxed. And even asked if i was possibly interested in the ES2, which he quoted me a mind boggling 22k to 50k+.

I do feel truely sorry for his customers, but damn i cant believe how lucky i was to stay away from SP and go for the BHSE instead. I liked Andys SDS and ES2 a lot from a short audition to be honest, but this info is incredibly sad.

Hes taking time to write 2 page emails to people he has no business with(yet possibly) and doesnt even answer emails and phone calls to those who have given him thousands, and excessive amounts of their time?

Hes obviously lost his priorities. I hope you guys get something back...

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #985 of 1,964
Quote:

if I am not refunded in the near future, I will expose every detail of my story. These details are unimaginable!

This sounds interesting.

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #986 of 1,964
My only experience with this guy is I got some quotes last year on a few of his items (Slam, etc.) and each time they were "more" expensive (bordering on the ridiculous). I walked away "fast" - this thread only confirms my suspicions.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #987 of 1,964
My only experience was buying his display/demo model of re-designed/upgraded Square Wave XL balanced amp at the July Head-fi meet when I listened via Apogee mini-DAC to balanced HD600 and fell in love with it.

At the meet he seemed like the mad scientist, trying to build speaker cables out of $1000 active shielding interconnects so we could listen to his Van Der Steins (sp), and a little ADD'ish and easily sidetracked while doing 5 things at once (running around grabing round PCB and huge tubes to show off, and changing tubes on ES-1 three times, etc).

He was also very personable, friendly, attentive and responsive; making him a great salesman.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #988 of 1,964
And I guess he is a good salesman because people seem to forget that he is "selling." He (or any amp/source/cable builder) is in business selling a product. He's not necessarily your friend. When money's involved, business is business which is what always made me wary of his business practices.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #989 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hard to listen tho when the amp is "pending shipping"

Or when the amp is broken, non functional, or sonically defective.

Or when the amp you receive is not the amp you actually were expecting.

Nikongod, I hear your point, but please put yourself in the position of those that have had extreme issues with SP regarding not only delays, but ethical business practices in general. Where having top sound is very important, I would rather receive a good sounding functional amp from a business that runs their company organized and with clear ethics than the best evar sounding amp that never gets to my door in one piece.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #990 of 1,964
Quote:

Yes, I am disgusted and I WILL take this all the way to court in Colorado even if the lawsuit costs the entire cost of the amp. I will NOT let someone take that kind of money from me and not deliver. And certainly as of this point I refuse on all conditions to accept a product from that company as they have completely voided my trust not only in terms of the competence of their product but also just the integrity of their business manner.

I commend your valor and guts to see this through. Alot of the users who have been burned do not have the time, will, or resources to see it through. It is good to see that an individual is willing to take a stand and convey that they will not be treated in such a manner. I do want to point out that even if you win, there may not be any actual value or assets there in the 1st place to get a settlement from. Who knows what would happen if SP filed for bankruptcy, and could probably be protected from any liability. Quite possibly Mikhail has already thought of the legal ramifications of his actions, and is aware that he is very much protected under a lot of consumer and bankruptcy law (unfortunately). I still applaud your efforts and committment to justice, but realize that it may be a win simply on the basis of values and pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back