Where HD580, HD600, and HD650 are manufactured?
Aug 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting,so what it appears to say is that the Whole Headphone is manufactured and assembled in Ireland,without the use of any Chinese parts at all.
Just like the HD800 being manufactured in Germany with no Chinese parts used at all.
I would love someone who works there to come on here and inform us where all the parts come from.

I don't see the problem of parts coming from China! please stop insulting Chinese products and at the same time complaining that products are overpriced ! Please remember, manufacturers as Senn, Sony and Apple value highly their customers, and they still choose China as producer of their products, not only cheap ones in many cases. There must be some reasons, it's not simply money, but a balance between price and quality. Do you seriously think that Apple like to risk their brand reputation just to save money ? believe me, they'd rather not to release the product or just 2 times more expensive.

Quote:

As for plastic,its one of those materials that looks and feels cheap no matter what you add to it or call it,in the majority of cases used only to increase the manufacturers bottom line.

Well here at Paris, I see lots of cutting-edge designer furnitures is fabricated in plastic. It can look gorgeous! Does someone has to pay huge bucks to make themselves feel right about the materials and quality?

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #47 of 62
Eventually, EVERYTHING will be made where the labor is cheapest despite the brand and/or model. The pros and cons goes both ways, and it's your choice to go either way.

Aug 31, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #49 of 62
Just to tack on to the convo here: just because something is made in China doesn't mean its an inferior product, or that the manufacturer is trying to get cheap labor. In the mountain biking world, and this may hold true for other goods, companies will go with whatever allows them to do the least amount of shipping between plants.
eg: Santa Cruz has their bikes made in Taiwan, not because its super cheap, but because they can get it all done in house. The frame, the powder/anodizing, finishing touches, etc. Otherwise if they choose say some place in the US, they would have to send parts to get painted, to get welded/formed, to get pieced together, etc.

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #50 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to tack on to the convo here: just because something is made in China doesn't mean its an inferior product, or that the manufacturer is trying to get cheap labor. In the mountain biking world, and this may hold true for other goods, companies will go with whatever allows them to do the least amount of shipping between plants.
eg: Santa Cruz has their bikes made in Taiwan, not because its super cheap, but because they can get it all done in house. The frame, the powder/anodizing, finishing touches, etc. Otherwise if they choose say some place in the US, they would have to send parts to get painted, to get welded/formed, to get pieced together, etc.

Hmm good point that I haven't thought about. Overal it was a pretty interesting thread. I was also sure the HD600 were carbon fiber since everyone was saying it. Heh big fake lie after all.

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #51 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaobao0707 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see the problem of parts coming from China! please stop insulting Chinese products and at the same time complaining that products are overpriced ! Please remember, manufacturers as Senn, Sony and Apple value highly their customers, and they still choose China as producer of their products, not only cheap ones in many cases. There must be some reasons, it's not simply money, but a balance between price and quality. Do you seriously think that Apple like to risk their brand reputation just to save money ? believe me, they'd rather not to release the product or just 2 times more expensive.

Well here at Paris, I see lots of cutting-edge designer furnitures is fabricated in plastic. It can look gorgeous! Does someone has to pay huge bucks to make themselves feel right about the materials and quality?

Who said it was inferior:I have a problem if its made there but the manufacturer gives the impression that its from somewhere else.
I suggest you READ my post before jumping in,and as an aside I could not care less what plastic furniture you have in france.

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #52 of 62
Quote:

Who said it was inferior:I have a problem if its made there but the manufacturer gives the impression that its from somewhere else.
I suggest you READ my post before jumping in,and as an aside I could not care less what plastic furniture you have in france.

With all due respect, as an adult I think you should be responsible not only for what you SAID, and also for what you IMPLICATE. I did READ your post carefully. So your implication about Chinese products and chinese parts is really hard to miss...

Concerning the french plastic furniture, I'm just telling you that plastic can be gorgeous. Can't you recognize the point ?

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #53 of 62
The HD600 and HD650 headband is not carbon fiber, it's plastic, and one not very well suited for the job. My HD600's headband developed a crack in a year of normal use and finally snapped one day when I was carefully taking them off my head. Lots of people have had this problem on head-fi as well. Sennheiser should have used a more flexible material so it wouldn't just suddenly snap when bent in normal use.

That said, I also don't get the "plastic = cheap" attitude most people seem to have. Plastic compounds are some of the most high tech and durable materials, often surpassing the properties of metals while being more lightweight.

Jul 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #54 of 62
Quote:

The quality of a product made in China is decided by the manufacturer (Sennheiser), not the factory in China. China's factories are equipped with the best materials, workforce, and technology in the world. There are numerous high quality products that come out of China from manufacturers that do not cut corners and choose the best materials. In fact, a good manufacturer who puts quality above all would be wise to make it in China because you could afford to put more money into higher end materials with all the labor savings. Unfortunately manufacturers usually get greedy and you end up with garbage, this is not a result of China's inability to make good products.

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #56 of 62
So, no Senns that are made in good old Germany? Does anybody know when they moved their plant?
  Quote:

Originally Posted by vberch
I think I remember they were made in Ireland. Are either of HD580/HD600/HD650 made in Germany?

Germany

less than 1% hd580s were Made in Germany,& they don't sound as good as 430s/540gold/560s.

650s/600s/580jubilee/later cost down 580s sound much worse,

540 gold sound quality is on par with hd800s,& the timbre is closest to Orpheus
Germany made hd580s sound quality is a little better than the wooden Grados. like the cheaper version of baby Orpheus.
650s/600s sound like some cheap home theater speakers,they are not HIFI headphones.

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #57 of 62
The HD600 and HD650 headband is not carbon fiber, it's plastic, and one not very well suited for the job. My HD600's headband developed a crack in a year of normal use and finally snapped one day when I was carefully taking them off my head. Lots of people have had this problem on head-fi as well. Sennheiser should have used a more flexible material so it wouldn't just suddenly snap when bent in normal use.

That said, I also don't get the "plastic = cheap" attitude most people seem to have. Plastic compounds are some of the most high tech and durable materials, often surpassing the properties of metals while being more lightweight.

I have had my HD600 for over 15years and have only had to replace the pads. They do last if you take care of them.

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #58 of 62
  Germany

less than 1% hd580s were Made in Germany,& they don't sound as good as 430s/540gold/560s.

650s/600s/580jubilee/later cost down 580s sound much worse,

540 gold sound quality is on par with hd800s,& the timbre is closest to Orpheus
Germany made hd580s sound quality is a little better than the wooden Grados. like the cheaper version of baby Orpheus.
650s/600s sound like some cheap home theater speakers,they are not HIFI headphones.

Is the last one made in Germany hd580s?
I am looking for this long time ago...
And why you said that later hd600/650 is not really hifi phones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back