Where do you buy your DVDs?
Mar 4, 2006 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

HiGHFLYiN9

Member of the Trade: Zynsonix
I've been buying most of my DVDs on Ebay but after a number of pretty subpar transactions I think I want to find another alternative. I usually like to pick up 3-4 anime DVDs at a time from the same seller to save on shipping. No matter who the seller is the shipment is incredibly slow, usually 3-5 weeks, and I usually find myself filing a Paypal complaint before the shipment finally arrives. Oddly enough these are sellers with feedback ranging from 98.5-99.5%. I like Best Buys selection but I want to save a few bucks too. What are your recommendations for good places to buy DVDs online?

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 25
I bought most of the DVDs from HMV local store. some of them from bestbuy canada, they ship for free
icon10.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 25
Amazon marketplace. You can find some really great deals here. I bought Star Trek Nemesis for less than it would cost new still in the wrapper (okay bad example
icon10.gif
). But in all honesty, this is a great place. For example I just bought a bunch of boxsets that were supposedly in used condition and they came new still in the wrapper.

I have bought about 50 DVD's this way and never had a problem or complaint. I've always received them in less than a week, too.

***Also, of note is the fact that I have never bought from a seller with less than 90% positive feedback.

Def check this out.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #6 of 25
I generally buy them previously viewed, 3 for $25 at Hollywood Video. When I must have a new release, the lowest price I've found locally is Circuit City.

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #8 of 25
Amazon marketplace. I'm really happy with the prices, time to delivery and quality of the used CD's and DVD's I've bought from sellers with feedback > 98% on this market. Today, it's what half.com USED to be a few years ago.

Mar 4, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #10 of 25
I pick up on the 3 for $30, 2 for $25 etc deals at HMV. I also grab random ones at used music/dvd stores. Can't go wrong when you can find fairly recent movies for like 7 or 8 bucks...

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #11 of 25
I was an early DVD adopter, and used to get most of my DVD's from 800.com when they were still around... anyone else remember 'em? Very nice prices, they were like $10 way before it became somewhat of a standard price for new DVDs. Awesome fast shipping/customer service too... I really mourned when they went out of business in 2002.

800com.gif

But I guess that doesn't help you... basically I like half.com for most stuff these days, when it's available. Otherwise I'll check eBay, Amazon (don't like because they charge sales tax in WA) and others.

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:23 AM Post #14 of 25
Oddly enough I've never bought any DVD's online, I usually buy them from traditional brick and mortar stores, like HMV, Virgin, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back