Where do you buy Grados?
Dec 21, 2008 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

sugrhigh

100+ Head-Fier
I'm getting some Grados for my girlfriend for her birthday, but I want to know, where did you get your Grados from?

I may pick up son SR-60's for myself, so a place with a nice variety of them would be nice.

I know Amazon sells some but I've had a few troubles with them in the past. Most importantly, I want to buy with the knowledge I'm not getting fakes.

Thanks

Dec 21, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccontreras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looking at these sites TTVJ, Todd The Vinyl Junkie https://www.headphone.com

Thanks
I'm just trying not to pay a lot of money for fake headphones!
That would be bad for the girlfriend to find out as well haha

But how are your RS-1's?
Those are my dream 'phones!

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 21
One of the sponsors maby - ALO Audio » Home ?

How dare you speak out loud when you live in America?
wink.gif
You know we from Europe have to pay 2-3 times to get those over the boarder?
Think i have to buy myself a helicopter and take some trips for the team.

sAng_stirthepot.gif
Curse America
evil_smiley.gif
only kiddin but i think its not fair to us. we dont have 3 times the wallets here.
frown.gif

sAng_compy.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 21
buy 2 years ago in the classifieds section of this forum, very well preserved because they are old-style classic. (classifieds section here you can also find some good offer)
its sound that you can say that has not been said in this forum, you may find some references.
The first educate the ear with basic models SR60 or SR80 before climbing another rung, are undoubtedly one of the best starting points.

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #7 of 21
ccontreras: I've had hifi phones before so RS-1's are a step up but not by far, it's just the money I'm unwilling to part with. I just want some SR-60's to modify and play around with...

HippieTom: Actually, I know your pain. I get some of my iPod LOD parts from a guy in Norway so my 3.99USD part quickly is a 15USD part, which sucks because it makes me pass on the cost to people who buy my cables...

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #8 of 21
If you have good credibility, you might want to try and borrow some from Zanth. He has a great Headphone Loan program going on with the SR60's, the RS1/RS2, and the GS1000's. It's a stickied thread.

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have good credibility, you might want to try and borrow some from Zanth. He has a great Headphone Loan program going on with the SR60's, the RS1/RS2, and the GS1000's. It's a stickied thread.

I've seen the thread and thought about getting the RS-1's for a little bit because my uncle refuses to let me borrow them again
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #10 of 21
I like to buy things like this locally. I bought both my 225 and 325i in person. It may cost a few bucks more, but you can make sure that what you are getting is exactly what you want. If you have already heard/seen/felt the headphones, then online is great. However, if you really have not had any experience with them other than reviews and what not on the web, I would really recommend to see them in person first. Grado is sold by many dealers, just usually not big ones. When it comes to finding a local shop that carries, google is your friend.

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #11 of 21
Dec 21, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like to buy things like this locally. I bought both my 225 and 325i in person. It may cost a few bucks more, but you can make sure that what you are getting is exactly what you want. If you have already heard/seen/felt the headphones, then online is great. However, if you really have not had any experience with them other than reviews and what not on the web, I would really recommend to see them in person first. Grado is sold by many dealers, just usually not big ones. When it comes to finding a local shop that carries, google is your friend.

I've been trying to find a local place in Houston but can't.
I found a place with RS-2's but that's the only Grados they carry and they aren't really even much of an audio store so I don't know where to look now

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #14 of 21
No need to worry about fake Grados, or most any other high-end headphone (IEMs not included).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back