Where did your name originate from?
Jun 28, 2005 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

mmmmcheese

500+ Head-Fier
Not your real name but the name you use here on Headfi. Mine came from about 3 years ago when I got Starcraft for my birthday. It just popped into my head when I needed an online name to use. Ever since then I have always used this name.

How did your name come about?

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 76
My teammates on my XC/Track team have been calling my Thaddy from the summer before my freshman year. I don't think some people at school know my real name, since I usually get introduced as Thaddy
cool.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Came from the Rock band Pink Floyd

What!? You poseur, I always thought that it was the other way around.
And here is an emoticon just because I have no idea which one to use in this situation:
plainface.gif

Anyway, the origin of The Actual is a secret, which really just means that it is unspectacular. Although I will say that I made it up before hearing about the book or band.

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 76
Mine came from one of the previous 'Where did your moniker come from?" threads, wherein someone had the idea of using their first initial and last name.

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 76
My name is originate in Thailand, meaning plant or tree. It pronouce more like Pruk than Purk.

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Mine came from one of the previous 'Where did your moniker come from?" threads, wherein someone had the idea of using their first initial and last name.

Apparently I took the opposite approach...

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #10 of 76
There have been a few threads about this already I think... but it comes from a roleplaying game, Werewolf: The Apocalypse. 'Philodox' is one of the werewolf auspice's that are associated with which moon you are born under... I believe the philodox auspice is tied to the crecent moon. In general, philodox werewolves are supposed to be wise and philosophical. Something like a werewolf horiscope sign I suppose... anyways it is much better than the names that I used online when I was younger in my BBS days. [magister & cyric]
tongue.gif

I've since discovered that philodox is also a very real word meaning 'lover of one's own opinion'.
redface.gif

Oh well, it's not like I can change it now.
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 76
I used my first initial, last name, and class year at school. I have to use all three a surprising amount, so I figured, "Why get fancy?"

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #12 of 76
Simple, mine came from my university SSO and e-mail address. I figured it would be easily remembered by friends, and I could also avoid wasting time sitting down and trying to think of something a bit more meaningful when I could be listening to music and reading about audio gear!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #13 of 76
the finest pistol ever designed. .45acp 1911
there it is..

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #14 of 76
Speaking of university, mine is the name of the mascot at U.C. Berkeley where I went to college.

Jun 28, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #15 of 76
I have always hated when people would ask "What are you?". So, I figured everytime someone asked me I would say "I am I". It annoyed quite a few people, and slowly became a nickname of sorts. I decided to change it a bit for an onscreen name (IMO, it looks better), with a little spin from some wild theories of mine, so EyeAmEye it became.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back