Where Can You Buy Records For A Dime?
Sep 24, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I imagine there are many millions of pieces of vinyl from their childhood locked away right now

You might want to bump that up to several Billion.

Another good place to look is estate sales.

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #17 of 22
We have a great music archive in our library, and they sell their duplicates for 25 cents each. That's where my wife and I got most of our approx. 4000 LP collection. Also got some of it for 10 cents each in the library book store. The most that I ever paid for an LP is 1 dollar, and most of our collection sounds great.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My guess is that there is going to be another vinyl renaissance in about ten years once the baby boomers start dying off in earnest.

it's already starting. i was just in Disc Replay the other night and half a dozen teenagers came out with a bunch of vinyl each.

once i got in the store, i checked the vinyl selection and it was all older (70's and 80's) stuff.

so its not like the kids were buying Lady Gaga or whatever.

i was pleased.

Sep 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's already starting. i was just in Disc Replay the other night and half a dozen teenagers came out with a bunch of vinyl each.

once i got in the store, i checked the vinyl selection and it was all older (70's and 80's) stuff.

so its not like the kids were buying Lady Gaga or whatever.

i was pleased.

Do they even release Lady Gaga on vinyl? ....not that I'd buy it or anything. >>; Would be amusing though.

I've had luck at antique stores, one in particular the next county over. They were totally tucked away in a side-room though so wherever you are, just look carefully. This particular place actually houses items sold by dozens of vendors though, so asking won't always find you what you're looking for.

Sep 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #20 of 22
Well, there is a rather well stocked vinyl store in my town, but its owned by an old guy who wants to pump up the price of pretty standard stuff too high. Sorry, I am not going to argue with you about every 80's release and try to talk you down from 7-8 dollars for each of them, you're a greedy old person with nothing better to do. Wants to charge me 12 dollars for a Roy Orbison two disc best of that I can get off eBay with shipping probably for less than 5 bux. Screw him.

Sep 25, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they even release Lady Gaga on vinyl? ....not that I'd buy it or anything. >>; Would be amusing though.

Ha, I don't know. it was just the first worst modern artist that popped in my head. they probably do though since some DJ in some club somewhere wants to mix his/her/it's songs.

Quote:

I've had luck at antique stores, one in particular the next county over. They were totally tucked away in a side-room though so wherever you are, just look carefully. This particular place actually houses items sold by dozens of vendors though, so asking won't always find you what you're looking for.

the city im currently in is a mecca for music, so there is no shortage of vinyl to be found, both new and old. it's just a matter of me going out and hunting it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back