Where can I have MDR-V6's repaired
Sep 26, 2002 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dokebi

500+ Head-Fier
I had this pair for about 5 months and the left driver crapped out on me. I was listening to some bass heavy music and all of a sudden I hear static and buzzing on the left driver and then nothing.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Sep 26, 2002 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 5
Check if there are any Sony service centers in your area. Otherwise you should be able to send them in to Sony USA (or North America or whatever). I don't remember how long the waranty is -- you can always print up a fake receipt.
wink.gif

kerelybonto

Sep 26, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks, I recall that there is 2 sony service stores within my area. How much would you figure they'd charge me to have it fixed. I want to know if it is worth the money to repair it, throw them in the corner somewhere or purchase a new set of headphones. I still cant believe they just died like that, I never took them outside and always took care of them. Pissed me off a great deal.

Sep 27, 2002 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 5
I really don't know how much it'd cost. I looked for a parts list online, but couldn't find it. If you call the service center they can probably give you an estimate, or at least tell you what it'd cost to replace the driver.

The thing with replacing the V6 is that you'll really have to spend about twice its cost to get something better.

kerelybonto

Sep 27, 2002 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 5
I just sent in my D-77's to get fixed. I called the Sony store in Chicago that once had a service center. They gave me this # 1-800-222-7669. Someone will fill out the report for you and e-mail it to you. They tell you the price, your closest service center to send it to, and the lag time at the center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back