Where can I get better tips for my meelectronics m11+?
Dec 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

red71rum

100+ Head-Fier
I like my new ME 11+ iems, but the supplied tips do not give a good seal, they are too pliable and do not provide a good seal. I have had Shure headphones, the e2c and a grey pair (don't remember the model #).  Anyway, I like  I guess you would call them the olive grey tips of the shures.  Now I know the the hard clear plastic tips from my Shure e2c fit my 11+, but they are too unforgiving.  The olive\grey tips of the other Shures that I have always gave me a great seal.  My question is there a company that makes good tips like the Shure tips that I can use with the 11+?

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 3
I don't have problems with seal and the provided M11+ tips, but maybe the "fake Sony hybrids" sold on eBay (lostearbuds) will work for you. They're cheap enough to be worth the test.

I've noticed that Meelec silicone tips tend to be very soft, and that may be a problem sometimes.

Another option is to put a bit of foam UNDER the silicone sleeve, thus making it "harder" but still soft enough to adapt to the ear, without affecting sound the way some foams do.

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 3
I could try the foam thing that you suggested, although it does seem like it might be kind of a pain to keep replacing the foam.  I might call Shure to order replacement olive tips for my broken e2c to use them with the 11+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back