Where can I get a job at 15 1/2?
Jun 17, 2006 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

ShaftedTwice

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking a lot and can't seem to find very many places that hire at 15 1/2, it's just beginning summer and I hope to maybe get a job.

Jun 17, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaftedTwice
I've been looking a lot and can't seem to find very many places that hire at 15 1/2, it's just beginning summer and I hope to maybe get a job.

I think a lot fo states the legal age to work is 16, however some places will hir you under the table. I have found a lot of pizza places will do that, so maybe check that out.

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 55
Try a local small farm or golf course. My son worked on a farm when he was 15 picking vegetables and doing odd jobs. Builds character.

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 55
Do you play golf? Two of my 15 year old friends (I'm 14) caddy and get paid about $50 for 4 hours, and at the end of the year usually get a nice fat tip from the person they caddy for.

Maybe try some supermarkets? small restaurants?

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
Try a local small farm or golf course. My son worked on a farm when he was 15 picking vegetables and doing odd jobs. Builds character.

And calluses.
k1000smile.gif

seriously: Paper round?

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Paper round?

I forgot that one! Thats a great job at your age: It allows you to have all of your summer days free, and you have to collect like once or twice a week. This way you can still hang out with friends, and still earn some money. Most of the paper routes around my area don't pay too well, but then again you don't do a heck of a lot of work either.

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 55
Most grocery stores can hire 14-15 year olds.

Jun 18, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #8 of 55
I have tried grocery stores such as Target and Albertsons and neither of them would consider a 15 1/2 year old with a work permit.

I was thinking about a pizza place and I'll have to look into it more, but I think that it wouldn't be too bad.

Two of you guys said a golf course, hmm, that's pretty weird, never really thought about that one.. Thing is, that you won't have a clue to when to work until a little bit before hand and your golfer might have vacations or golf every day for a while. Plus, I don't play golf, but it wouldn't be too bad to get into, it'd be a rather comfortable job.

Paper round... hmm.. well it just did start my summer, but I wouldn't mind working during the summer, that's actually what I want. Thing is, it's not much money at all and waking up at 4 or 5 aint exactly all that exciting, but again, I am open to it.

Lastly, working on a farm would be my last choice, especially in this heat of summer, get some muscle goin though
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #10 of 55
Check out your local school, some schools hire extra workers for summer deep cleaning. I been working for my local school district since I was 14, now I am 19 and still work for them in the summers.

Jun 18, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 55
Yeah, I am really considering the Pizza Place/Restaurant under the table deal.. that was originally my plan but never really got the chance to ask about it.

As for the school idea.. I go to a small private school that my mother founded and I'd end up having to do it for free..

Jun 18, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #13 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
Bus Boy :p

That would be my number one choice, as my 18 year old bro does it for $25/hr including tips, but theres no way I can get that at 15
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaftedTwice
That would be my number one choice, as my 18 year old bro does it for $25/hr including tips, but theres no way I can get that at 15
frown.gif

25$/HR as a bus boy!? That's insane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back