Where can I find more eye-wateringly foul-sounding earbuds?
Aug 15, 2002 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Tweertinelle

Recently, I received an e-mail (see below) from an individual who seemed interested in purchasing the worst earbuds possible for the largest amount of money. She seemed not to be interested in buying from an individual (I tried that already) but rather from a retail vendor or established manufacturer. I suspect her preference has to do with the look of the receipt (purple ink, jagged pattern at top and bottom, etc.), which she wants to have either laminated or mounted on a tiny swiveling tripod -- I'm not sure which.

If anyone could suggest which earbuds might be worst and most overpriced, in that order, I'd be happy to forward your suggestions to the prospective buyer. Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Received by tweerternelle on 08/14/02 04:35 AM

To: tweerternelle@u-betpop.com
Subject: Where can eye find some I-watering acrid earbudbud phones?

Hello everyone. Nice to see you standing together like this standing together like this standing. And now a question that is also an important question for you question and answer me answer me now now now now now and answer answer now.

Many say I'd be an exceptionally handsome manmanman eater man eater man man if it weren't for the deep perforation in my forehead that may leak fluid sporadically. And now for a question sporadically.

I'm interested in buying the worst conceivavavable earbuds for the largest amount of money amount, OK? The only economic consideration is that that the price must be impressively high. For the price must be a high price high money and in bags under the eye-swatter water water. Can anyone help me on this one. Because mind you there is something good on my mind about spending money on one pair of headphones earbud phones that are really really not good and nothing else not even a new bed pillow or a chocolate potato chip cookie chip bar or even a little round band-aid (for fore head) to muffle the Double Jeopardy Jeopardy Theme which is always playing would be bet better than the headphones I will soon buy if you people around here will tell me which one it is?

Thank you and hello, I am an one call me Adelaide Crapsey.

Aug 15, 2002 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 18
Tell your friend they will be MOST displeased by the Sony EX-70LP's. Simply the worst price/performance ratio I have ever heard.

Aug 15, 2002 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 18
no, the worst price / performance is the B&O earbud.

Aug 15, 2002 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 18
You guys have absolutely no ambition. I will render a diamond-encrust, solid-gold MDR-E805 for your friend at the piffling cost of $5m - and I can put it through Harrods' cash till...

Aug 16, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #6 of 18
I don't know if one can buy Rio earbuds without the player. But then paying $150 for an SP250 just for the earbuds could be the most outrageous price. The Rio's are significantly bad.

Aug 16, 2002 at 7:02 AM Post #7 of 18
the ex70 is a good phone, the

B&O phone is the horrible one, like Kevin said.

PS: dont dis the ex70!!! better hope Joe Bloggs doesnt see this!!
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2002 at 9:58 AM Post #8 of 18
a1leyez0nm3 - I don't understand your reasoning, it's weird...
The EX70's are demonstrably worse than the V700. Just wondering...

Aug 16, 2002 at 10:09 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
a1leyez0nm3 - I don't understand your reasoning, it's weird...
The EX70's are demonstrably worse than the V700. Just wondering...

...but cost 3,5-4 times less plus are 100 times more portable

Aug 16, 2002 at 2:36 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by blr

...but cost 3,5-4 times less plus are 100 times more portable

exactly. and they sound pretty decent with mods

Aug 16, 2002 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 18
hazelnut popcorn jellybeans? and the lolipop lightning fast cardas wirey dodad plugin plugs with bosifying sound-producing un-producing sound-un-sounding un-sounders in the attached therein? to be spectacularly despisable and delicious. is it twistingly and somehow odly a twisting twisted sales pitch in the retail-after post-sales after-market used phone game for the unmarvelous and defunct nubbly nubs with the painted on er6 and the research and such for purposes of sales and selling? well? is it? the people desire such information?

tweet?
tweert?
what do you play?

Aug 16, 2002 at 8:28 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by a1leyez0nm3

exactly. and they sound pretty decent with mods

So you mean with mods, it can be made to sound as bad as a V700, up from way worse?

So what you have against the V700 is the cost/audio performance and the fact that it's not that portable?

Aug 17, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #15 of 18
OK, I was unaware of the B&O earbuds. I will revise my statement and say that the EX-70's are the worst price/performance earbuds I have ever heard.

P.S. Joe Bloggs is hanging on to a fantasy, much like a guy who won't throw out his old girlfriends stuff years after she dumped him. Sad really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back