Where are all the Dolby Headphone products?
Nov 27, 2001 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bootman

King o'Ping
Is this format dead?
confused.gif

Where are all the new products?
mad.gif

(I want new hardware solutions! I don't always listen/view movies on my pc!)

The dolby headphone site hasn't really changed that much in the last 6 months!

Am I the only one upset?
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2001 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 3
Your not the only one upset. One thing that struck me was that the Dolby headphone site hadn't changed in 6 months. Well guess what? Dolby headphone has been around since 1998 almost four years, and almost no one has done anything with it. Kind of frustrating if you ask me. Well don't worry theres still some activity. I've been waiting around forever for someone to put an amp or soundcard with this thing but so far no one has.
frown.gif

Nov 30, 2001 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Dolby Headphone better come out sooner. SRS has got there system coming, and sony has got there 6.1 headphone system coming out. Ahhh, AKG has already developed their version it's called Hearo 777 Quadra which includes their IVA processor which in certain reviews said to be closer closer to Dolby Headphone than any others. This is a headphone system like Dolby Headphone does the same thing as dolby headphone with several differences of course. It comes with a processor and the headphones. Infact, it does the same thing that dolby headphone, sony, srs, N22 Spatializer, claims to do, it happens to simulate 5 or more virtual speakers too,

"ALL EIGHT OF THEM!!!" YOu heard me E I G H T S P E A K E R S!

Like dolby headphone it also has a decoder that DECODES 8 CHANNELS with one more several surround format additions:

Mono
Stereo
Prologic
Dolby Digital
DTS
Dolby Digital EX
and
DTS ES

Which presents a problem with watching most newer movies

WHICH DIGTAL FORMAT TO CHOOSE!!!

Oh, ah, one more topping on the heapdhone cake:

THEY DON'T REQUIRE WIRES!

THERE WIRELESS, HA HA!!!

Mmmm Dolby Headphone, the AKG HEARO 777 QUADRA. Which one would you decide.

One more thing: THERE HOPING TO SELL IT IN THE US SOON!

You can find more information about this headphone system is on AKG's website, check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back