When to consider yourself as Audiophile?
Feb 26, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #77 of 97
I don't believe that I am an audiophile and doubt if I ever will be according to what I perceive as what most people believe constitutes an audiophile. What I do know is I enjoy music and I like to hear it reproduced to a decent level of quality, to my ears anyway. I don't try and analyse what I am hearing, I just want to feel enjoyment from the listening to it.

Being able to play around with the hardware is a bonus and satisfies my inner geek.
biggrin.gif

cheers
Simon

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #78 of 97
Q: When to consider yourself as Audiophile?
A: When you have more money invested in audio than your car and computer combined
wink.gif

seriously, one that analyzes music for finite details, appreciates music, and has an avid interest in learning and hearing more as time passes..

..Mostly if your audio gear totals at least to 15 Grand
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #79 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Q: When to consider yourself as Audiophile?
A: When you have more money invested in audio than your car and computer combined
wink.gif

Done!

Of course, my car is nothing to write home about, and my laptop was a "preemptive gift" for graduation, so...
rolleyes.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #80 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When music trumps vagina, you all will need help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing trumps vagina

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Double Vag?

Is their some need wannabe audiogeeks feel that makes them want to prove on public forums they've not matured past age 14? Virginity as common denominator? What else could explain it?

Feb 26, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #81 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is their some need wannabe audiogeeks feel that makes them want to prove on public forums they've not matured past age 14? Virginity as common denominator? What else could explain it?

having fun...

obviously we offended you old fart

Feb 26, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #82 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
having fun...

obviously we offended you old fart

This just confirms the lack of maturity. Boomana is a lady and a well respected member of this forum. Lifting your game maybe a good idea.

BTW, it was not remotely funny.

Simon

Feb 26, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #84 of 97
actually the term audiophile is someone who lusts sound. Their definition of good sound could be flawed, yet they would still be audiophiles. Now, a discerning audiophile is a different matter altogether.

Feb 26, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #85 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This just confirms the lack of maturity. Boomana is a lady and a well respected member of this forum. Lifting your game maybe a good idea.

Simon

Did boomana conduct herself in any more a mature way? This is a family forum and anyone who's anyone can come on here. If I had them I wouldn't want my children reading any of the comments directed towards v-j's and virginity in general.

That said, it all was distasteful. I don't think anyone can point fingers.

Feb 26, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #87 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Simon

I agree 100%!

As this isn't an age-restricted forum the crude sexual references were a crass, inappropriate and uneccessary addition to a serious discussion.

Simon

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #88 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkadelic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audiophilia is an illness that causes you to place more value on evaluating how your system is performing than you do on the music you are listening to.

Simon

yup well said! i care about my equipment, and its supposed to play music

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #89 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when you have a legitimate appreciation for well-recorded and well-reproduced music.

i think that works as well as any.

I would only make one change to this. I would say it's when you have a legitimate appreciation for well-recorded and well-reproduced "sound". I think you can be an audiophile and be equally concerned about how your movies (or other sounds you may want to playback) are reproduced as your music.

On second thought though, you can be an audiophile and only like live settings too...

Feb 26, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #90 of 97
there could be people who have invested alot of time and effort and money into getting their setup to replicate a live setting, then just gave up and went to real live performances instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back