When did you last have an eargasm?
Jan 22, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #106 of 117
a couple hours ago when i was listening to Ænima by Tool on my jh-13s before work. That album, not only is it an amazing cd musically, but the sound quality on it is spectacular, if only 10,000 days sounded that good.

and just to reminice a little bit, i remember my very first eargasm, like 7 years ago i was shopping for a new set of speakers that my dad was going to buy me for christmas. I went to several Hifi shops in the eugene OR area. I always do research online before i go, thought i wanted some polks. but i got there, and started listening to many other speakers, to include B&W, paradigm, Polk, Vandersteen. and then we got to these funny looking ones, they looked like big panels, little did i know i was about to meet the love of my life. The magnepans, playing Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers(i know bad sound quality, but its one of my favorite records, and i know it very well) was the most amazing thing i had ever heard. Now i had to settle for some paradigm monitor 7's which were the closest i could get to that sound in a dynamic, but as soon as i have the room for a set of maggies, they will be the first thing i buy, and though i hate to admit it, my JH-13's will be relegated to late night/portable use only. The ability of the maggies to permeate the room with sound, and layer the sound, with transparency and detail is the most amazing thing ive heard
smily_headphones1.gif
though maybe some DIY magneplanars are in order

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #107 of 117
Listening to the track "Ready for Salvation" off the latest Kalmah album, For the Revolution. The track starts out with a mildly somber acoustic passage before blasting into such triumphant, old school metal riffs that it almost make me want to cry. It makes you picture a guitarist on a cliff overlooking the ocean shredding his heart out before he dies. Pure excellence on my SR-325is.

Anyone else feel really dirty in regards to this thread topic? Who needs a smoke afterwards?

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #108 of 117
bump.

just had one listening to vic chesnutt's new album. somebody get a Qtip.
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #109 of 117
Managed to get one in this morning, thanks to Love Kraft on SACD by the Super Furry Animals through the HD-800 connected to the Zana. That album has a slew of sonic treats and is catchy as anything out there.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #110 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Until this evening I hadn't had a good eargasm for about 6 months..... just had a pretty intense one listening to Jah Shaka - Kumbia Dub
smily_headphones1.gif
My first eargasm since I stopped drinking and, in true eargasm stylee, the hairs on the back of my neck stood erect and my temples pulsated with liquid gold running through them.... awesome.

When did you last have an eargasm?

my 2nd to last gf was pretty good around there. guess that was about 3-4 years ago.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #111 of 117
Had one last Friday with David Gilmour's performance of Echoes. It lasted pretty much the whole song!

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #114 of 117
When I changed my 5.1 setup again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #116 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what kind of 5.1 setup are you sporting?

It's the foobar 5.1 Dolby headphone mod. There's so many different DSP combinations to play around with.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/5-...-files-447089/
I'm using the original setting, but having the rear speakers copy(instead of surround) the front at 70%. The center channel is only at 5%. Dolby is at DH2 Live Room at 200% amplification. You really feel immersed in the music and the musical separation and bass detail are amazing. You can't listen to music without this mod anymore. It sounds too "flat".

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #117 of 117
Yesterday, Coldplay while listening to A Rush Of Blood To The Head walking to catch the tram and bus. I heard some new sounds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back