When comfort is the primary concern?
Nov 17, 2009 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vhaarr

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I recently found this wonderful forum, and I need some advice.

I've been considering getting a pair of beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohms, the main reason is that I read a local review of 10 headphones in that price range and they got the most points for comfort.

I'll be wearing the headphones at least 5-6 hours per day.

Currently I have Koss SB/45 - you can say whatever you want about the audio quality, but actually I've been using them for the last year and they're quite comfortable.

However, now I want to take a step up in quality, and so when selecting my new headset, comfort is the main concern, and sound quality is second.

I know I'll probably be considered a heathen, but at least I'm honest!

I'd have to drive 5 hours to get to the closest store that carries the 770, and even if I'm there in the store trying it out, that won't say anything towards wearing it on for 5-6 hours straight.

So, considering the price tag on the DT770 Pro, does anyone have other recommendations, or possibly comments about the 770 with regards to comfort?

I'd be willing to pay a bit more (but not that much more), if needed. But also less, obviously, if anyone recommends something cheaper that is absolutely the most comforting headset to be found
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 6
Think that you should look for denon's d2000.They are very comfortable ! If you are into bassy sound of dt770 you would welcome even more sound of denon !

Nov 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 6
Based on Amatsus post I've ordered the DT770.

Thanks, head-fi!

I've also been looking at a LittleDot amplifier, but I will experiment with my current setup before I dig deeper into this new cornfield of headphone crazyness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back