When blasting loud, can others hear my music with either of these?
Jan 23, 2011 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Lostcase

Head-Fier
I am currently using the Audio Technica ATHM40FS and looking to upgrade.  I like how the M40's sound, I feel the bass is pretty good I feel.  My only issue with the M40FS is that others can hear my music when I turn up the volume.  I'm considering sennheiser 555, 595,  or Audio technica ATH-M50, ath-ad700, or ath-a700. 

My budget is less then $150.  I know I can find some of these on sale.  I mostly listen to rap/hiphop/rock/salsa.

For gaming, my Asus Crosshair IV mobo has the SupremFX X-Fi built in.  I play BFBC2.
For console, I connect my headphones to my ONKYO HTS-6100\HTR667.  

I'm even thinking about going wireless with the Senheiser HDR 180.  

What do you guys think? 

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 8
If your concern is for others to not hear your music, IEMs are the way to go, headphones can't offer the same level of isolation as an IEM.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-136-iems-compared-hippo-boom-pearl-added-01-22

Edit - By the way, if you're playing your music so loud that people can hear it through closed back headphones, that's probably an indicator that you should turn it down, you don't wanna damage your hearing.

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #3 of 8
Well the 555s, 595s, and ad700s are open back, so people could definitely hear if you turned them up

Jan 23, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
"blasting loud" will make you deaf, yes it will.

I know, not saying that I do that all the time.  It's not a deal breaker, just wanted to know if there were some that do better than others in that area.  Guess if I want can's, thats not an option.  

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate your prompt responses. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Now I just gotta see which headphones I should buy now.  Anyone wanna chime in which I should get considering my other components.  

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 8
You might find something you like in this thread, though most of them are supra-aurals since they're portables, there some are circumaurals:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-65-portable-headphones-reviewed-tdk-wr700-akg-k430-added-01-08

Quote:
Quote:
"blasting loud" will make you deaf, yes it will.

I know, not saying that I do that all the time.  It's not a deal breaker, just wanted to know if there were some that do better than others in that area.  Guess if I want can's, thats not an option.  

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate your prompt responses. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Now I just gotta see which headphones I should buy now.  Anyone wanna chime in which I should get considering my other components.  

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #7 of 8
holy cow that is one detailed thread, thanks eternalempire. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back