Whats your Source?
May 5, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #17 of 59
See my thread in the DIY audio forum.
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #19 of 59
Shanling T200 in the dynamic headphone system; Shanling T100 in the electrostat headphone system; Audio Aero Prima in the 2 channel system; Sony 9000ES with Perpetual Technologies P1-A/P3-A/Monolithic power supply in the HT system; Phillips 963SA in the RKV/K1000 system.

May 5, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Here is mine.

Mine is modded with a new transport mechanism and some new resistors and caps. This summer its getting the psycho level mods
smily_headphones1.gif

How do you like the sound? I myself uses a Cary 303/200.

W

May 5, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Shanling T200 in the dynamic headphone system; Shanling T100 in the electrostat headphone system; Audio Aero Prima in the 2 channel system; Sony 9000ES with Perpetual Technologies P1-A/P3-A/Monolithic power supply in the HT system; Phillips 963SA in the RKV/K1000 system.

How does the T200 compare with T100? Could you comment on it? Thanks.

W

May 5, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #23 of 59
I use three digital sources with RS1.

• Krell kps25sc & 47Labs Shigaraki/Dumpty
ack_shigaraki_krell2.jpg

• Naim CDS3 (My analogue substitute)
cds33.jpg

I would have loved to try Cyrus. It seems they also believe in a separate add-on power supply as Naim and 47Labs.

May 5, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #25 of 59
Kinergetics KCD-20 Platinum and about 1000 cd's and counting... I am spending the money where it counts most, software!!
rs1smile.gif

May 5, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #26 of 59
I was going to say I want to move in with Wmcmanus and then I saw Kuma's post. Sorry Wayne, but Kuma has the gear AND she's female.

Now what would my wife think about this....
evil_smiley.gif

Wilson, I passed on the Cary 303 and the Cary 306 after hearing the Shanling. Perhaps the Cary sound just isn't for me? I've been told by one headfier that selling his modded Shanling T100 (the one like Wmcmanus) was the worst mistake he ever made in audio. I don't promote my player too much on these boards but I will say this, it looks pretty it sounds pretty and it gets a bad rep because of it being made in China. Well except for a couple of negative opinions early on on AA, this player gets rave reviews across the net, and with the mods, it seems it is second to only a handful of the best, and at that, its all about preferences. Plus my wife bought it for me
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #28 of 59
Kuma, those are nice looking players, and that rack is awesome! Are those granite shelves?

Wilson, the T200 betters the T100 in nearly every aspect of sound reproduction that I can think of, but not by a country mile. The stock T100 can be brought up to the level of the stock T200 for redbook simply by using Western Electric 396A tubes. One problem I've had with my comparisons is that my T200 has had some mods done to it, and per Zanth's advice, I've now tube rolled it to perfection (which was not at all cheap, but definitely worth it). The main difference is that the T200 picks up more details and has an ability to present vocals in a more palpable fashion, almost holographic. I'm dying to get my hands on some binaural recordings that I've ordered because my dynamic headphone system is getting to be spooky good.

May 5, 2004 at 11:20 AM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

I was going to say I want to move in with Wmcmanus and then I saw Kuma's post. Sorry Wayne, but Kuma has the gear AND she's female.

Yeah, but Wayne lives in Cayman!

I'm currently using a SACDmodded Sony DVP-NS755V. Have a Marantz DV-8400 on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back