What's your most prized source?
Jan 22, 2004 at 8:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

averydonovan

Headphoneus Supremus
Mine is the Sony D-14 PCDP I bought from member strohmie. It is the best sounding CD player I have owned and it usable both out of the line out and its headphone jack. That headphone out can even drive Beyer DT770 Pro-250s to insane levels and sounds quite nice, although I prefer an amp from its line out due to the brightness inherent in the headphone out. Very clear and enjoyable sound. It has scaled very well with my stuff so far and it seems it still has quite a bit of potential left. And its compact size works great for my messy desk where I use it.

So, what's your favorite source that you own?

Jan 22, 2004 at 8:39 AM Post #3 of 62
iHP-120

Do not yet own a quality source. Though my $250 Momistu V880 DVI-does the video nicely, audio is poor. Painfully holding-out for a hi-end source based on tubrollers suggestion.

So convenience makes it my most valued!

Portability allows me to put the most mileage on my ears. Very convenient and combined with portable-amp, CD3Ks and WAV recording-plenty of space, via EAC, decent sound. Even the stock ear-phones are ok, and use quite often since compact.

Ok- hoping this thread takes off and if still around in a few weeks / months? Expect to add something a little more impressive. Plus not much other activity on head-fi at this hour folks in Asia must be working and rest of world sleeping.

-tk

Jan 22, 2004 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 62
Out of what I have owned: Electrocompaniet EMC1Up 24/192 Mk II.

Out of what I'd LIKE to own: Esoteric DV-50. (I can dream, can't I?)

Jan 22, 2004 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 62
My SACDMods modded Sony SCD-CE775 will be enough for me in the forseeable future. My next upgrade will not be the source, that's for sure.

Honestly, I don't feel I have a weak link in the chain anymore (I always thought my MG Head was the weakest component, but after the Amperex EL84's, I am very pleased) - my next 'upgrade' will most likely be a 'sidestep', for example I'm considering purchasing a pair of closed cans for situations that need some isolation. Not desiring an upgrade is a pretty good feeling
biggrin.gif

-dd3mon

Jan 22, 2004 at 9:54 AM Post #7 of 62
My Audio Aero Capitole MKII. But I'm going to add the Audio Aero prima 24/192 DAC(same one used in the Capitole MKII) to my Cary 306/200 in the near future and I hope that combo will be as good using the Cary as the tranceport.

Jan 22, 2004 at 10:18 AM Post #8 of 62
NEC MultiSpin CD-ROM, baby!

This baby's got back!

BANGPOD

Jan 22, 2004 at 2:25 PM Post #11 of 62
What I've owned: Sharp DX-SX1

What I would like to own: Sharp DX-SX200, Esoteric UX-1, Simaudio Moon Eclipse

Jan 22, 2004 at 3:35 PM Post #12 of 62
The Sun.

Jan 22, 2004 at 4:13 PM Post #14 of 62
lg_mooneclipse.jpg

My Simaudio Moon Eclipse is my favourite source