What's your foobar2000 setup?
Jan 5, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #272 of 527
Quote:
hey you use dark one too :)  finally someone who knows a proper interface. I cant live without this interface. Its the best ever. 

You guys forgot to replace the magnifying glass icon.
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #273 of 527
Hey fellow FooBar2000 Users,

I got a very novice question for you guys..How do I change the wallpaper of this program? I want to add some faded wallpaper to keep it less boring:)

Cheers.

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #274 of 527
Hey fellow FooBar2000 Users,

I got a very novice question for you guys..How do I change the wallpaper of this program? I want to add some faded wallpaper to keep it less boring:)

Cheers.

Without doing any scripting, the only way I know it to be possible is if you use the Panel Stack Splitter component in ColumnsUI (foo_uie_panel_splitter).

If you replace all your regular spitters with Panel Stack Splitters then you can add a background. I have done this, and the results are decent, but you will find that some components will not support a semi-transparent background.

This is an old picture of my configuration when I tried this:
While I miss the background feature, I otherwise think that default UI is better than ColumnsUI, so I don't use this anymore. As such I also forgot how to make it work exactly, but a quick google should do it.

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #275 of 527
Quote:
Without doing any scripting, the only way I know it to be possible is if you use the Panel Stack Splitter component in ColumnsUI (foo_uie_panel_splitter).

If you replace all your regular spitters with Panel Stack Splitters then you can add a background. I have done this, and the results are decent, but you will find that some components will not support a semi-transparent background.

This is an old picture of my configuration when I tried this:
While I miss the background feature, I otherwise think that default UI is better than ColumnsUI, so I don't use this anymore. As such I also forgot how to make it work exactly, but a quick google should do it.

Thanks for the response!

I'll give that a try and hopefully it should work:) I'm currently using the ColumnsUI for the DarkOne v4.0 that I am currently running.

I have tried Google, and maybe I wasn't searching hard enough, but most of the pages were talking about complicated FooBar functions that got me confused, so I thought I'd drop by good ol' Head-Fi for a quick response:)

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #276 of 527
Thanks for the response!

I'll give that a try and hopefully it should work:) I'm currently using the ColumnsUI for the DarkOne v4.0 that I am currently running.

I have tried Google, and maybe I wasn't searching hard enough, but most of the pages were talking about complicated FooBar functions that got me confused, so I thought I'd drop by good ol' Head-Fi for a quick response:)

Just be sure to save your configuration before hand, because you need to change every splitter: vertical, horizontal and tab stacks, and even the top base, for it to really work.

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #277 of 527
Just be sure to save your configuration before hand, because you need to change every splitter: vertical, horizontal and tab stacks, and even the top base, for it to really work.

Yes, thanks for reminding me! Will have a try later tonight.

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #282 of 527
Quote:
The best foobar skin ever...

That is very impressive. As mentioned, perhaps a bit TMI, but still very appealing. Can you share more on what skin you have used and how you configured it so? I've been happy with JRMC and avoided foobar because the most attractive configs seem to involve so much effort for the novice. Seeing your setup prompts me to tackle the learning curve.

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #285 of 527
Quote:

That is very impressive. As mentioned, perhaps a bit TMI, but still very appealing. Can you share more on what skin you have used and how you configured it so? I've been happy with JRMC and avoided foobar because the most attractive configs seem to involve so much effort for the novice. Seeing your setup prompts me to tackle the learning curve.

The skin is called DarkOne, from http://www.deviantart.com/, and it's the latest version, 4.0. About configuration it's all explained in the author's page: http://tedgo.deviantart.com/art/DarkOne-v4-360862076?q=gallery%3Atedgo&qo=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back