What's your foobar2000 setup?
Nov 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #167 of 527
Yeah, I used to have a pretty intense columns setup that took ages to put together, and it was a pain keeping each component updated with each Foobar release.  It's nice being able to use the standard UI and not have to worry about what each upgrade will do to my interface.  I would like some more snazzy looking visuals, but from a pure functionality standpoint, I have no complaints.  I'm actually pretty impressed by the new standard UI layout editor, but that might be because the previous one made WMP look good.

Currently, I have frames showing:
- Seek bar, controls, and other minor stuff on the top toolbar
- Media Library
- Active Playlist (generally linked to whatever directory is selected in the media library)
- Shortened file info
- Scrolling Lyrics (foo_uie_lyrics3) (though it seems lately the dbs have shutdown their APIs, so no more synced lyrics :frowning2: )
- Coverart
- Visualization

EsPlaylist looks pretty cool.  I'd use it if I was browsing by album art.  Any other components worth checking out?  I usually just browse the HA forums looking for interesting components until I get bored.

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #170 of 527
I find that foo_jesus is pretty essential.

-- Griffinhart

I would have to agree :D
That plugin saved me quite a couple times.

I started playing around with default UI. Got something very similar in both looks and functionality to my previous setup.
I received an oscilloscope and a spectrograph as a reward to my efforts. However I did lose a very handy component that I can't seem to find for default UI: A panel in which you can browse folders that are not in you library. Now I have to manually drag & drop music into foobar2000 to add it to my library. Mendokuse!

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #171 of 527
Quote:
Mildly edited Tech theme...

Does anyone know how you can get those separate spectrum readouts for L vs R channel, specifically for the default UI?  It looks pretty snazzy.

Also, what's the visualization that lets you see the entire track's spectrogram?  Or is what's being displayed at the bottom something else?

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #172 of 527

Quote:
Does anyone know how you can get those separate spectrum readouts for L vs R channel, specifically for the default UI?  It looks pretty snazzy.

Also, what's the visualization that lets you see the entire track's spectrogram?  Or is what's being displayed at the bottom something else?

Spectrogram is a built-in visualization in the default installation. The waveform seekbar (what's being displayed at the bottom) is a component: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_wave_seekbar

-- Griffinhart

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #173 of 527
Yeah, I use the stock spectrum visualization but it looks nothing like that.  I guess I need to learn how to skin the visualization to make something look like that?  The stock spectrum seems to also combine both channels, so I'm wondering how you can split them like in the tech skin.

Thanks for the waveform seekbar.  Trying it out now!

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #174 of 527
Yeah, I use the stock spectrum visualization but it looks nothing like that.  I guess I need to learn how to skin the visualization to make something look like that?  The stock spectrum seems to also combine both channels, so I'm wondering how you can split them like in the tech skin.

Thanks for the waveform seekbar.  Trying it out now!

You need a different spectrum visualization. I think the setup you quoted is a columns UI setup. I don;t know whether there is a good alternative spectrum visualization for default UI.

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #175 of 527
From a cursory search, it looks like there isn't a stereo spectrum for DUI.  Someone suggested foo_popup_panels but that doesn't seem like an ideal solution.

On the bright side, a lot of people are gradually heading back to DUI over CUI, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone developed something in the foreseeable future.

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #176 of 527
just having a little trouble with sorting--in my screenshot, the formats for "Dust Remixes" are mixed together--I'd like to have the whole album in FLAC first, followed by any other format.  Right now in EsPlaylist I have the "force sort" option checked with this put in

%artist% %album artist% %date% %album% %codec% %discnumber% %tracknumber%

Clearly I'm doing something wrong here, I just have no idea what....

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #177 of 527
Hm. Using the default playlist viewer, I just click the following columns:

Track No.
Album
Album Artist
Codec

and it sorts by codec, then album, then album artist, and finally track number.

So, for example, all of my .cue sheets come first; inside of that category, everything is sorted by album artist (or artist, if no album artist tag exists); for each album artist, the songs are sorted by album; and for each album, the individual tracks are sorted by ascending value (e.g., 1, 2, 3, etc.). After all of the .cue sheets, are my .flac files, which are sorted in the same manner.

Is that what you wanted?

-- Griffinhart

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #178 of 527

Quote:
Hm. Using the default playlist viewer, I just click the following columns:

Track No.
Album
Album Artist
Codec

and it sorts by codec, then album, then album artist, and finally track number.

So, for example, all of my .cue sheets come first; inside of that category, everything is sorted by album artist (or artist, if no album artist tag exists); for each album artist, the songs are sorted by album; and for each album, the individual tracks are sorted by ascending value (e.g., 1, 2, 3, etc.). After all of the .cue sheets, are my .flac files, which are sorted in the same manner.

Is that what you wanted?

-- Griffinhart

I actually just switched over to EsPlaylist and got it working great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back