What's your favourite iem for around 300$
Sep 7, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 10
I only have one set in that price range and I think they are great: Fiio FH5. Only thing I would really fault it for is it's short nozzle (for my ears). Also, the FH5s I have are a refurbished set with huge price reduction, making it all the more sweeter. Just for reference, I've had the Blon BL03, Tin T2, Fiio FD1, and the Moondrop Starfield so I my experience is extremely limited.

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 10
JVC FD02 modded with a good silver cable. Adds up to about 300. I have had it for 1,5 years and have not found a better value for my preferences. Holds up very well also compared to much more expensive IEMs.
Have (or had) for comparison:
Moondrop Kanas Pro
QDC 4SS
Sony IER-M9
Sony EX800ST
Dunu Luna
Astell & Kern T8iE MKII

Another great option is a used Sony EX1000.

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 10
Apple Airpods Pro.

It is not the best sounding IEM at this price range, but it is best all around IEM imo. I even use it over the Powerbeats Pro for sports sometimes.

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #7 of 10
This is my first post.
Currently my favourite iem around 300$ is audiosense t800.

I second the Audiosense T800 too, superb price to performance ratio.

Sep 11, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #9 of 10
I see you also have the NiceHCK M6 with BGVP filters, which is my current IEM setup. How do you like the T800 compared to the M6?

Generally comparing multi BA sets like the T800 (with BA bass) to a hybrid (with DD bass, eg the NiceHCK M6) is gonna be very different in the bass. Generally DD bass has more decay and extension of subbass and they tend to have more "movement of air". BA bass tends to be faster, with lesser decay/extension and movement of air. However, the T800 has a very unique BA bass that is vented, so it actually sounds pretty close to a DD bass in terms of decay and extension (I think T800's bass can extend to around 25ish Hz, which is very good for a BA bass in my book).

Otherwise, with BGVP filters on the M6, the T800 has better extension at both ends (treble/bass), and is brighter. T800 has better technicalities in soundstage, imaging, instrument separation, details and clarity. T800 can get fatiguing though with longer sessions due to the brightness and harsher treble, so maybe not the best for treble sensitive folks unless u wanna play with knowles filters or use a warmer source. T800 wins in isolation by a lot, it has almost 30 dB isolation (passive), whereas the M6's isolation is below average. M6 is more comfortable though, the T800 shell is pretty huge. T800 is also very source sensitive, it performs better with sources with as lowest output impedance as possible, whereas M6 is not as source picky.

The T800 is about 3 - 4 times the price of the M6, so not a really fair comparison, but the T800 is not 3 times better than the M6, as per diminishing returns in this hobby. M6 is still one of my favourite sub $100 hybrids (with the BGVP filters on), I think it can hold its own against some of the midfi Westones I have that cost 4 - 5 times more.

Sep 11, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #10 of 10
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'm very treble sensitive, so the T800 might not be for me. Honestly I still love the M6 almost 2 years later, but I get upgrade-itis every now and again. Your explanation of the M6 pretty much matches mine, I wish the isolation were a bit better but the comfort and sound I think are second to none under a hundred bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back