What's your favorite brand of liquor?
Apr 28, 2008 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

HiGHFLYiN9

Member of the Trade: Zynsonix
There have been plenty of favorite beer threads, but I haven't seen a general liquor thread, so I wanted to address this by starting this much needed discussion. I do really enjoy a good dark flavorful beer, but there are some times when you need something that will take effect a bit quicker, and it's essential to have something with a nice taste to it.

Please share with us your favorite type and/or brand of liquor, and what makes it special to you.

I personally have a thing for the black licorice taste, so I'm very fond of Jägermeister, and more recently Absinthe, although the later is a little too expensive to purchase regularly. Some chilled Jäger in the freezer is perfect for drinking straight from the bottle.

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 99
licores%5Cimages%5Clcr130_gr.jpg

Apr 28, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #8 of 99
hendricks_gin.jpg

Is a strong contender.

-edit-

So are (Gin): Blackwoods (60 for preference), Tanqueray (Special Dry for preference), Tanqueray Ten, Anchor Stream Junipero

(Vodka): Zubrowka

(Scotch): Anything from The Macallan or The Glenlivet.

(Bourbon): Jim Beam Black

Apr 28, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #9 of 99
Right now my favorite is Patrón Añejo.

My roommate when I went to UIowa was nuts.. I had a lot of liquor stashed around and he would do quad shots of vodka and double shots of 190 proof Everclear. He said that's how they drink in China and I kind of believe him after seeing what he does.

Apr 28, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #10 of 99
Jack Daniel's

There is another thread here about the same topic BTW...

Apr 28, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #12 of 99
Jager for me. Only hard liquor I can regularly drink straight. Southern Comfort's not bad (as long as you get the 100 proof, not the 70).

I'm also a fan of Goldschlager, but it's a touch too pricey for regular consumption on my current budget.

Apr 28, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #14 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally have a thing for the black licorice taste, so I'm very fond of Jägermeister, and more recently Absinthe, although the later is a little too expensive to purchase regularly. Some chilled Jäger in the freezer is perfect for drinking straight from the bottle.

You can't buy Absinthe in the USA. You can buy a product in a bottle that says 'Absinthe' on the label, but it's just really expensive sambuca with green dye in it that's had a stick of wormwood waved over it ceremoniously. By law, the thujone component is several decimal points smaller than a percent. Essentially none at all.

At any rate . . .

100_sj_ru_bot_fam.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back