What's your favorite BEER ?
Jul 7, 2002 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 91
I like Miller Lite, Busch, Old Style, Coors, Little Kings, and Mickey's Big Mouths. For hard stuff I like Rumple Minze, and Crown Royal. Right now it's Rumple Minze straight up out of my new flask.

Jul 7, 2002 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 91
Most of the beers from New Belgium Brewing Co. are wonderful. I also prefer a lot of the beers from the local brewpubs around town.

CRESCENDOPOWER: Seriously?
eek.gif

Jul 7, 2002 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 91
Oh, I'll be alright. I drink a gallon, and 1/2 of water a day, and after nights like tonight a lot of cranberry juice. I will admit that I feeling it though.

Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
Most of the beers from New Belgium Brewing Co. are wonderful. I also prefer a lot of the beers from the local brewpubs around town.

eek.gif

Jul 7, 2002 at 5:49 AM Post #6 of 91

favorite beer? without a doubt becks in the 24oz bottles. much better for some reason than the cases of 12oz. i had some 16oz becks in italy that were really tasty, and i liked the size better. the italian pilsner and lager i tried were really not bad at all.

some other beers in heavy rotation:
hollande 1620 lager (how can i resist at $9 a half-rack?)
widmere hefewiezen
guinness draft cans
chimay blue
pilsner urquell
anchor steam beer
sam adams

most hated beers:
busch
budwiezer
fosters (sorry folks--maybe i just need to go to oz and get a fresh can)
corona
black label (aka coyote pee)
etc...

Jul 7, 2002 at 6:29 AM Post #8 of 91
Anybody 140 pounds, or under stay away from Rolling Rock unless your goal is to get really hammered.

Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
I like Sam Adams and Red Hook. Or if I am extremely broke, Rolling Rock and Labatt Blue.

Jul 7, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 91
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous

eek.gif

I used to love Fat Tire, but now I tend to like the more mainstream Michelob Light

Jul 7, 2002 at 8:13 AM Post #11 of 91
Oh yeah, a topic close to my heart.

Favourite domestic beer: .Coopers. A top fermented, unfiltered ale. Cloudy due to the bits of yeast floating around in it. Gets stronger as you travel down the bottle.

Favourite imported beer: Maudite. This beer will kick your ass, and probably kick your ass's ass too. Fermented multiple times. Most of the beers in the unibroue line are around 10% alcohol.

Favourite 'quiet' beer: Guinness. Thick, strong, stouty, with a 'burned' flavour to it. Apparently the Guinness you can get in Ireland is of much higher quality. Feh.

Favourite 'drink it like water' beer: Beck's. I could probably drink ten of these before I even started feeling full. Vey mild, but flavoursome.

Jul 7, 2002 at 10:09 AM Post #13 of 91
For a long time my favorite beer was whatever someone else bought.
I don't drink much beer now, but when I do it's usually Michelob Amber Bock.

Quote:

most hated beers:
busch
budwiezer
fosters (sorry folks--maybe i just need to go to oz and get a fresh can)
corona
black label (aka coyote pee)
etc...

redshifter, I've had a lot of people tell me Corona was some kind of pee. I always liked Corona beer, but I don't know anybody else who does. Then again, I like Oly. I also chew aspirin, and think it's ok to reheat coffee several times in the microwave, so my tastes aren't in line with most folks.

Jul 7, 2002 at 11:25 AM Post #14 of 91
Being the American pagen that I am, I love my Rolling Rock...but only the Ponies. IMO, there is a huge difference between the 12 oz and 7 oz bottles. (Yeah, I know...5 oz!
biggrin.gif
)

Jul 7, 2002 at 12:39 PM Post #15 of 91
Labatt's Blue and one from Thunder Bay. I prefer Canadian beers to those brewed here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back