what's your favorite Beatles song?
Nov 15, 2002 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

arnett

Consigliere
this might be a bit difficult. i'm asking you to pick your all-time favorite beatles song. if your fave is not on the poll, please post.

and in case you don't like the beatles, please click here.
tongue.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 6:22 AM Post #2 of 56
Girl.

for the sake of interjection: i saw a cool documentary (forget which but i feel i should know it) that stated (paraphrasing) "the beatles wanted to hold her hand, the rolling stones were never satisfied." wusses.

Nov 15, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 56
i dig "when i saw her standing there" and "rocky raccoon." i wonder if anybody else thinks of kelly when they look at the title of the latter song..

Nov 15, 2002 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 56
I voted for Lovely Rita
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 2:37 PM Post #7 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by millerdog
Can I just say that the Beatles are one of my favorites?
cool.gif

md

no! no! you must choose.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Where's "Strawberry Fields Forever"?

i only had a max of 20 choices for the poll. i can't include every great song. maybe with 50 poll choices . . .

gee, i wonder who voted for hey jude?

wow, 10 actual votes and 5 write-ins. either people don't want to choose or head-fi has a real lack of beatle fans.
confused.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 56
I haven't decided yet ... but I think my vote'll be a write-in. Besides the ones listed, the contenders right now are "Mrs. Robinson," "Get Back," "My Friends," and "Revolution 9."

kerely

Nov 15, 2002 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 56
uh, isn't mrs. robinson a simon and garfunkel song? Actually I'm almost positive because it was made by them while they were working on the soundtrack for The Graduate (the first movie to have a soundtrack), only they had a different name. When they showed it to the producer or director or whoever, they liked it and asked them to change the name so it would fit the movie.

Not sure of the exact details, film class was 2 years ago.

P.S. Where's I Want You (She's So Heavy)?

Nov 15, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 56
Yeah, you're right Mallow005. I blew this one -- I'm not sure what exactly I was thinking here ... "Mrs. Robinson" doesn't even sound like the Beatles, in harmony or in melody. Interesting about The Graduate, though. I was wondering if there actually was a connection there.

Oh, and by "My Friends" I meant "With a Little Help from My Friends" -- for some reason I was thinking the title was "(With a Little Help from) My Friends," not sure why. I seem to be a bit confused today.

kerely

Nov 15, 2002 at 10:57 PM Post #12 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
I haven't decided yet ... but I think my vote'll be a write-in. Besides the ones listed, the contenders right now . . . "Revolution 9."

are you sure you don't mean revolution #1? actually, there were three versions of revolution: the rockin' single version (w/mixing board distorted guitar), the acoustic album version, and the experimental 'number 9' version, also on the white album.

if any of you guys want to make lists of multiple favorites go right ahead.

here's my top 5 beatle songs:

1. i'm only sleeping
2. i call your name
3. ticket to ride
4. any time at all
5. fixing a hole

feel free to post your favorite albums as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:01 PM Post #13 of 56
I really dig "Ob La Di Ob La Da," i have the mono version on my pc...sweet
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 56
Top Five Songs:

1. Strawberry Fields Forever
2. No Reply
3. Across the Universe
4. Yes It Is
5. Norwegian Wood

Favorite albums:

Beatles '65
Rubber Soul
Revolver

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:45 PM Post #15 of 56
there is no way I could come up with one favorite from a group that I find to be so prolific, the list would go on and on and on as I sit and think about it. Lets just say I have many favorites......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back