What's your Dream Job?
Dec 1, 2002 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
I'm sitting here doing payroll and paying bills and realizing more than ever that money does not buy happiness.I like my Job as a Firefighter but my Electrical business will soon steal more of my available time and force my early retirement from the Fire Dept.I dread that I ever started this business and hate even more that my family has become so accustomed to the income generated by it.I am reflecting on my unfullfilled dreams and wondering what could have been.I don't regret much but do sometimes wonder.I want so much to be able to devote the time to do a real audio store and possibly a music store as well.My Dad was supposed to assist me with manpower and expertise so that I could do the store but he recently remarried and his new wife killed our plans in their tracks.I actually bought a shop,made all the deals and bought a ton of gear.I'm not disappointed with the wasted capital nearly as much as the loss of opportunity for my dad and me to do something we have both always wanted to do.This has caused me a lot of despair and I think depression as well.I won't lie to you,I hate the contracting business.

So you know what my dream job is,What's yours?

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:50 AM Post #2 of 62
Oh man, you just crushed my hopes and dreams... I always wanted to be you
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:52 AM Post #3 of 62
I'm living my dream job: missionary living in a beautiful, South American country with a view of three snow capped volcanoes from our apartment, great people to work with, and great friends to spend time with!!!!! Dream job!!

Dec 1, 2002 at 8:55 AM Post #4 of 62
How do you do three jobs? Or even two?

My dream job was the one I started out to achieve after high school. Designer for a an auto company. I wanted to design cars for a living. I still want to. I have spent too many years where I am now and I'm too old to try something new now. Kind of ironic, because now I have the money to finish college, but no time.

Oh well, this job isn't too bad, and it pays well. Plus I don't have to pay into social security.

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:00 AM Post #5 of 62
Is there a profession where one can travel the world?
Even Jungles, Mountains and other inhospitable places?

I want to see the world. I want to see it all.

Would someone suggest what I should do?

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by disturbed

Sounds like a photographer for National Geographic.

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:17 AM Post #8 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by disturbed

[size=small]MERCENARY[/size]

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:44 AM Post #10 of 62
Work? Ha! I wanna be a wealthy model like Fabio...

very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 9:49 AM Post #11 of 62
i want to be the guy that tapes supermodels' boobs together when they where skimpy outfits without a bra.

either that or the leader of a cult with many hot girls.

Dec 1, 2002 at 10:01 AM Post #12 of 62
Always wanted to be a high performance Low Fequency (BASS) Boat dealer. I'd love to be able to spend as much time with boats as I do with audio. Have a place right on the St. Johns and take boats out every day. Even put some decent audio systems in them for when the big engine's not running.

Won't happen now, even if I won the lottery. Couldn't convince myself that a new business would be a great idea at the ripe young age of 61.

Present part-time job ain't bad though. Love the traveling and most of the people I deal with.

If you've got one foot in yesterday and the other in tomorrow, guess what you are in perfect position to do to TODAY???????

Dec 1, 2002 at 10:20 AM Post #13 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by skippy
i want to be the guy that tapes supermodels' boobs together when they where skimpy outfits without a bra.

either that or the leader of a cult with many hot girls.

A lofty ambition ! [size=xx-small]But those supermodels are kinda tall...[/size]
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 10:40 AM Post #14 of 62
Hey Tube !!!

Give your Dad some time !! He is starting a new life but will help you soon ! I bet ! I'm sure he did not forget this dream also. It's just matter of time. Give him the time. Nobody kills ones plans...
wink.gif

Well, my dream job is:
[size=medium]GRANDPA...[/size]

OK, OK, I have one: Formula One Ferrari mechanic...
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 10:44 AM Post #15 of 62
in my mind, there is no such thing as a dream job. a job is work and since work sucks, i'd rather do without all of it.

i want to stay home and read books every day. i don't think there is any way that could be considered a job (unless you're one of those clowns who would rather "wait until they make a movie of it").
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back