What's this chip on the Auzen Prelude for?
Jan 31, 2008 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Robgo

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone know what this chip is and if it's replaceable?

Auzen2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Looks like it's replaceable similar to the opamp but I can't find any reference to what it could be on the auzen site.

Jan 31, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 5
Nope, there are 4 DAC's and all are clearly readable as AKM AK4396's and they are soldered onto the board.

There isn't a standard on pinouts for DAC's, as far as I know....there's no reason to socket a DAC as a result.

I did a Google search for images of the card and even on the largest one available, the markings on the chip in question are illegible.

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 5
15134922105l.jpg

"The AT89C2051 is a low-voltage, high-performance CMOS 8-bit microcomputer with
2K bytes of Flash programmable and erasable read-only memory (PEROM). The
device is manufactured using Atmel’s high-density nonvolatile memory technology
and is compatible with the industry-standard MCS-51 instruction set. By combining a
versatile 8-bit CPU with Flash on a monolithic chip, the Atmel AT89C2051 is a powerful
microcomputer which provides a highly-flexible and cost-effective solution to many
embedded control applications.
The AT89C2051 provides the following standard features: 2K bytes of Flash, 128
bytes of RAM, 15 I/O lines, two 16-bit timer/counters, a five vector two-level interrupt
architecture, a full duplex serial port, a precision analog comparator, on-chip oscillator
and clock circuitry. In addition, the AT89C2051 is designed with static logic for operation
down to zero frequency and supports two software selectable power saving
modes. The Idle Mode stops the CPU while allowing the RAM, timer/counters, serial
port and interrupt system to continue functioning. The power-down mode saves the
RAM contents but freezes the oscillator disabling all other chip functions until the next
hardware reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back