What's the ULTIMATE bestest IEM?
Apr 27, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #31 of 45
Apr 27, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #32 of 45
I rank comfort as a factor very highly. Mainly because I do at least half my listening while I drift off to sleep. That places the FLC8 series very high for me as they are quite comfortable. I like my LZ A7 a lot for example, but they are nowhere near as comfortable. Not claiming that either are end game units; but when I borrowed some super fi units I could not get a proper fit a lot of the time. I need large size tips but my ear shapes are pretty much "normal".
Good example of YMMV Best.
There are Short-time hype ā€œBestā€ and Long-term comfy ā€œBestā€. For short-term, those with Sonion EST does great job, ā€œpure pleasure into the new world for IEMā€ but our heart has high liquidity, it changes overtime, that ā€œmost amazing detail of the worldā€ later may be distracting noise. Long term ā€œBestā€ thing is really a very very individual dependent variable, some weight more on fit, some for soft tone, some for wide sound stage.

My recommendation is try bits of each specialities and then decide which direction your ultimate ā€œBestā€ may belongšŸ‘

Apr 29, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #34 of 45
My favorite Iem is Vision Ears ERLKƶNIG Limited Black Edition
FE3DD550-03CB-4F90-9D71-1B43CCC1731E.jpeg

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #35 of 45
Obviously oBravo Ra c-Cu, because it costs $10.000
https://crinacle.com/2019/11/23/cliffnotes-obravo-ra-c-cu-10000-joke/

There is no "ultimate best IEM". The longer I'm in this hobby the more I'm coming to the conclusion that the idea of "one IEM to rule them all" is a myth. There are simply too many different types of music that benefit from distinct types of tuning that you're never going to get one that does everything perfectly. My current top 3 are the Elysium, IER Z1R and Dorado 2020. Each has a distinct tuning strength and each does something better than anything else I've heard. All of that said if I had to rec one IEM to someone knowing nothing else about their tastes and preferences I would choose the Andromeda 2020.
Very True. An enthusiast may end up w/ a usd.199 & be done w/ it, Whilst another already acquired a usd.12,500 set & still nitpicking.
As for me, what's on the top 2 rows on my sig. is already my end game + the Solaris.Gold, i managed to minimise the occasional peaks (i can't let go of it due to the XL size holo. imaging & sound field, simply can't)
Who knows, w/ technology updating by the hour, today usd.8,995 could be a third of the srp next year...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/penon-audio-thread-post-your-impressions-here.934523/post-16397686

Jun 28, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #36 of 45
I have the bestest time with the Earsonics SEM6. It's like a hard edged dark sound that has electronic supremacy whilst having a bigger soundstage. It frees you up to the sound and gives a magical experience.

Jun 28, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #37 of 45
Noble encore for me. I gave my 846 to my wife after comparing.
I still really love the Noble Audio K-10 Encore. Itā€™s in many way not as accurate as the IER-Z1R, but itā€™s special? I have no problem with the fit of the IER-Z1R and itā€™s actually very comfortable? Still the Encore get used all the time. Iā€™m addicted to the gritty crunch of how it does electric guitars.

Mar 14, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #38 of 45
Traillii and Supreme mk2

Apr 15, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #39 of 45
Iem for me are like Cartridges in analog system,the top sound fantastic with different characteristics,but one of top iem arrived to me this morning. and i am listening all day and cannot stop.
Is UM Red Halo FE,really incredible and much better than my Empire Wraith in every parameter,will be not the best but among the 5/6 best
I will buy Traillii in may and courious to compare with this

Attachments

• IMG_8994.jpg
    IMG_8994.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8997.jpg
    IMG_8997.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8998.jpg
    IMG_8998.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8999.jpg
    IMG_8999.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9001.jpg
    IMG_9001.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 22, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #40 of 45
looks like there are mentions of the andromeda
such an OG IEM that is still loved today

"best" is also really subjective, but that's what head-fi is made for

Apr 22, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #42 of 45
The best in my current collection is (of course) the CA Andromeda. Iā€™ve had a set since the first release. Theyā€™re great. They never disappoint. They can handle anything.

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #44 of 45
Done with all the dynamic/static Shures. Done with Westone W80. Now enjoying Solaris (new back) and IER Z1 using AK SP2000. Wondering if there is ONE ultimate CLOSED IEMs that justify the purchase.

Is Futura the bravest contender?
You can look at reviewers rankings list.

Gotchas to look out for:

1. Reviewers that don't have iem rankings or they never say any iem sucks or is overpriced. Every review just talks about the sound and maybe a few weaknesses.

2. Products that rarely come up in any of the greatest iem lists or threads. Never go to the companies threads or take their threads with a huge grain of salt.

3. Headfiers with status "Headphone Supremacist". Especially if they reached that title in a short amount of time. Often they're strong affiliates for the brands. But some are great resources and honest

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #45 of 45
Out of everything I have heard, VE EXT for me, engaging sound, almost custom fit ā€¦ Not listening to anything else since I have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back