What's the story with all these people not using the search function?
Mar 20, 2006 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

TenaciousO

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm sorry, but it's driving me batty to see so many redundant threads. There's a thread right now in the members lounge that was addressed not that long ago, which itself had been addressed in another thread not that long ago either. I understand that it might sometimes be better to start a new thread instead of bumping up really stale threads, but I've been seing a deluge of redundant threads addressing issues pertaining to the for sale forums or whatnot. It's really getting annoying. Please use the SEARCH function!

I propose a few measures to deter this insanity:
  1. $1,000,000 fine assessed to Head-Fier who starts a thread that is almost the exact same in substance to another thread that has last been bumped within 30 days. $1,000,000,000 fine if the Head-Fier is a 50+ post member since he or she should know better. 99% of proceeds go to Head-Fi. 1% goes to the needy, which means me.
  2. Resetting of post count and thus subjecting this member to being called a "noob." For whatever reason, that seems to be the ultimate insult in the Nerd Age.
  3. Guilty Head-fier must send an individualized, apologetic pm to every member of Head-Fi within 24 hours of being notified by the Head-Fi police. That's 33,621 private messages and includes one to himself to apologize to himself for his carelessness. The Head-Fier will surely have developed Carpal Tunnel by the end, which will prevent him from starting a redundant thread ever again.
  4. Addition of a temporary title that states "I'm a redundant thread starter" or "I spit in the face of the search function" to indicate to everyone what a despicable character this Head-Fier is and to draw public wrath.
  5. Sentence of 1 year of listening to Bose Triports and nothing else.

Ok, ok, so I'm being facetious, but seriously folks, please use the search function.

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 36
It's been talked about before. Do a search and you will find your answer.
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 36
I'd have to agree. You'd be surprised how many "headphones for gaming" threads there were on the front page at a given time. Almost the exact same titles, started by eighty different people. I understand if you're new, and don't know what to search for, but other times (like the previously mentioned gaming thing) you have no excuse.

Mar 20, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 36
Lazy.

why do some actual work when you can skip all the steps,ask the question aswered a bazillion times already and at worst get a slight backhand slap of "use the search function" ?

For the "I want it now" types a very small price to pay since in the end they get their answers anyway.You wanna stop it ? No one answer the questions and it will stop
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #8 of 36
Maybe people are used to a search box like they have on so many sites these days. I bet if they had one of those near the top of the page, there would be a lot less asking of the same questions. Or maybe people just need to look a little harder.

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #9 of 36
Well, recent threads have shown that most head-fiers can neither spell nor form proper sentences. Considering such, is it that hard to fathom that we simply cannot use the "search" feature competently, even if attempted? That's my theory homes.

:)

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Well, recent threads have shown that most head-fiers can neither spell nor form proper sentences.

whatch it there bub
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Maybe people are used to a search box like they have on so many sites these days. I bet if they had one of those near the top of the page, there would be a lot less asking of the same questions. Or maybe people just need to look a little harder.

anyone that has spent more than a week online knows every site has a search function so that dog won't hunt.If a person wanted to search it is there.

If they are too lazy to read through all the "hits" they do what most do :

ask the same question that has been aswered over and over and over and over and...........................................
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #13 of 36
Down with search!
This thread needs more Wiki!
WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi WiKi wIkI WIki wiKI WikI wIKi

/obligatory
icon10.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
No longer allowed.You didn't get the memo ?
tongue.gif

nope, maybe I should search . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back