what's the path?
Jun 9, 2005 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cortes

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
my rig is Thinkpad T42 -> Waveterminal U24 -> Ety's ER4p/s

It's fine but I don't feel thrilled, I'm thinking about a new purchase of 200/300$ in the way of a open can (for instance the refub. HD600) or a amplifier (for instance the SM3). What do you think is the way to go?
Thanks!

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 4
I say give another pair of headphones a try...AND get an amp to go with em.
very_evil_smiley.gif

$300 can get you a decent pair of open cans and a starter amp, anyway. What sort of music do you enjoy? With some more info, people might be able to better suggest specific products you ought to look at.

Jun 9, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks DrOctagon,
well, I listen mainly to pop music, and a little of classic and rock. I like specially the female voices.
Maybe is better to buy some 200$ cans and a 100$ amplifier. I don't know. Regards

Jun 9, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Hmm so you have this?
"The eminently portable (3.5" x 3.5") Waveterminal U24 USB Sound Card features high quality 24-bit stereo analog to digital and digital to analog converters, 2 unbalanced analog inputs and outputs, S/PIDF digital coaxial and optical I/O, and an internal digital mixer for input monitoring. The U24 USB Sound Card is also a real time sample rate converter and supports 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates. The U24 is perfectly compatible with Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, and XP along with Apple Sound Manager and MAC ASIO. "

Yep you probably can benefit most by putting an amp in the chain from that thing's analog line out. Then try the Etys again, they are good cans. Blow some nice cash on a Supermacro 3 - if you have a ER4p, you will need the impedance switch option, if you have the ER4s you won't. Or you can just get the basic SM and buy a P to S adapter or any 75 ohm adapter. Any combo of the above should be under 300!

Edit - oh i see you alread have the P to S adapter. Just get any old amp then, doesn't have to be top of the line!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back