What's the origin of your username?
Jun 10, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #109 of 113
My real name is Tao Tao. Oddly enough, there's a panda in Berlin Zoo called Tao Tao and there's also a cartoon series with a Tao Tao being the protagonist. Guess what kind of animal he is.
I wanted to choose "panda" as my ebay name but that was already chosen so I just added something in front. That's how I came to saint.panda

Jun 10, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #110 of 113
I used to be KeVlaR way back when I first joined Head-Fi (only around 100 members then!) and used that Username for ages.

Then.... I was threatened with legal action by the Nazi's that owned the copyright to that name and I promptly had to change it.

So it got changed to Trawlerman because of my interest in Deep-Sea trawlers. See my website http://www.arcticcorsair.f9.co.uk/corsair

Jun 10, 2004 at 10:20 PM Post #111 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trawlerman
I used to be KeVlaR

Then.... I was threatened with legal action by the Nazi's that owned the copyright to that name

I smell another threat of legal action. JK
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #112 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
Like I mentioned before, Onix is my cat's name, a beautiful tuxedo black and white male, perhaps the bigger (not fatter) cat I have ever seen or had the chance to hold in my arms. He's no longer with me since my wife doesn't like animals and was concerned about our kids security (not that the cat ever did anything to him), so I had to give him in adoption, along with his sister Jasper. I can't believe I am moved to tears while writing this, but I really love that cat and he reminded me of so many traits of my own personality that when I started using a knickname I choose "Onix."

Sorry to hear that, Onix... I like cats so much, I would be tempted to get a divorce (just kidding... but really, what's up with a woman who dislikes animals... I can't understand it...
confused.gif
).

Jun 10, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #113 of 113
Wow, I can't believe your wife would have put the you through this had she really truly totally realised how you felt. Hopefully you can talk to her about this and about bringing a cat back into the house. A pet is such an enriching experience for children.
frown.gif

But for my usename. In the early 90s I was Aria on GlobalMUSH and TinyTim MUSH. This was because I was a vocal performance major, so my friends suggested Aria. Mushing was popular at my college. I never really liked the name though. My then fiancee online, Juni, got me into the Cure. We went from VR to RL, so when it came for time to use a nick again online, it was natural to pick something musical, slightly feminine, and a title to a favorite song... Plainsong. He stayed as Juni though. Since then every girl and their dog picks the name Aria. I was the original.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
Like I mentioned before, Onix is my cat's name, a beautiful tuxedo black and white male, perhaps the bigger (not fatter) cat I have ever seen or had the chance to hold in my arms. He's no longer with me since my wife doesn't like animals and was concerned about our kids security (not that the cat ever did anything to him), so I had to give him in adoption, along with his sister Jasper. I can't believe I am moved to tears while writing this, but I really love that cat and he reminded me of so many traits of my own personality that when I started using a knickname I choose "Onix." I have used it probably since 1994. Before then I was Ktzal and Emerson (from Emerson, Lake and Palmer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back