What's the origin of your username?
May 22, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #46 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxs1030
Uswest?
smily_headphones1.gif

I use to frequent the DII.net forums alot before bloembak went ban-crazy.

East, but I had a dueller, and a shared account on west that I maintained. Am a member of a forum started by Phreek and home to a very select few others (some HCpurity guys, a couple duellers, just stand up folk (guys like Darius, Mikeyrat, Skitril, Algotzgame, GenocideVII) and I started a communal account for all of us on west that had 2 MF characters, a rushing team, a chip-finder, and an Anti-PK. Was a nice account because everyone could use it and thus it got good quickly.

But played mostly on east, and even then mostly HCpurity.

Do you still ever play?

May 22, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #47 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Mac
East, but I had a dueller, and a shared account on west that I maintained. Am a member of a forum started by Phreek and home to a very select few others (some HCpurity guys, a couple duellers, just stand up folk (guys like Darius, Mikeyrat, Skitril, Algotzgame, GenocideVII) and I started a communal account for all of us on west that had 2 MF characters, a rushing team, a chip-finder, and an Anti-PK. Was a nice account because everyone could use it and thus it got good quickly.

But played mostly on east, and even then mostly HCpurity.

Do you still ever play?

I quit about a year ago, before 1.10(?) came out. I recognize a couple of those names.. darius/skitril/genocide, they all went on west for a bit.

Wesuck! ?

May 22, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #48 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxs1030
I quit about a year ago, before 1.10(?) came out. I recognize a couple of those names.. darius/skitril/genocide, they all went on west for a bit.

Wesuck! ?

hehe, nope, not Wesuck!

It's just a private group of guys that kinda keeps to ourselves. Not a clan/group/whatever, just a bunch of guys that all used to play D2 and post on the Dii.net boards.

Anyway, that's enough sidetracking of the thread, who else has a good nickname?

May 22, 2004 at 8:47 PM Post #49 of 113
Mine comes from my original AOL name that I created about 10 years ago. I was taking electronics classes in high school and really got into the circuit design and digital logic stuff. Needed a name for AOL, and you only got 10 letters/numbers at that time, so I was Elecstudnt. The lack of an E in studnt really gave a lot of people fits. I've since dropped AOL, graduated from college, and am no longer a "studnt", but the name stuck and I've just shortened it to Elec. Unfortunately, Elec is kind of a generic name and already in use on some boards/IRC/whatever. I can usually get it on smaller boards or any boards where I've been a member for a long time and snagged it early on
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #50 of 113
I listen to Stephen Hill's Hearts of Space program on NPR because I am into ambient/space music, thus "Spaceman." I am also into astronomy, so that is fitting as well.

May 22, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #52 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haribo
erdbeeren.jpg

LOL! I recognised yours before..my Swedish wife gets these from the Swedish grocery shop up the road..
wink.gif
Funny thing is, she didn't eat them when we lived in Sweden..
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #53 of 113
When I bought my last car I joined a car club for the first time. Personalized plates were the thing to have at the time. Since Cinderella is my favorite fairy tale - and I felt like a princess in the car - I wanted to get CINDRLA. Already taken in the state. So, since the car is a Z3 - I just substituted the Z, creating ZINDRLA. Still sounds pretty close.
I've been using it on boards for a while now because there has never been a conflict and I can always remember it.
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #54 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by hempcamp
Years ago when I started working at the camp I run in the summertime, it was the habit to call people by their last names. My boss couldn't pronounce my last name correctly -- he said "hemp-camp" -- and it stuck.

--Chris

Funny, I always assumed that it had something to do with hemp.
wink.gif
That's what happens when we assume.

May 22, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #55 of 113
Was given to me by fellow students at Art college long ago.

I could be brutally honest of my own and other pieces, bite into and chew what I saw. But often used my gift/curse for humour. To this day I can turn it on or off at will so it's not really a burden.

May 22, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #56 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
LOL! I recognised yours before..my Swedish wife gets these from the Swedish grocery shop up the road..
wink.gif
Funny thing is, she didn't eat them when we lived in Sweden..
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

They make the best candy
smily_headphones1.gif

I've had this nick for 10 years.

May 22, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #57 of 113
Mine was made up by comcast when I first signed up for cable internet, and I have been to lazy to think of a better one.

May 22, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #58 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
Mine was made up by comcast when I first signed up for cable internet, and I have been to lazy to think of a better one.

LOL!

Man, that's lazy.

May 22, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #59 of 113
I must be loosing it; it seems all threads have gone into repeat mode.

Oh well:

Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
DAYCART (Calif. license plate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back