What's the origin of your username?
May 22, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #33 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Two of my favorite bands are Iron Maiden and Dream Theater, I just put the two together into something that sounded neat. Plus it makes it seem as if I am always dreaming of metal, and in the case of my relation to hi-fi it is true, since I am always dreaming of how much better my metal can sound.

Hmm.. Mine would be Iron_Earth or Iced_Maiden. or maybe throw Tool in there somewhere. Lol.

Mine, I use the word ditto a lot, so my buddy's started calling me it. ditto was already taken on Y! messenger when I first started using it, so i added a _n for my first name, Nick.

My new Y! and AIM s/n has a better story. its bloodien0se. One day I decided ditto_n would be purly a fourm and email name and I wanted a diff one for messengers. My friend Stu was over, and he randomly got a nosebleed when I asked him what I should change my messenger name to. Thus, bloodien0se.

May 22, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #34 of 113
yes i know zeplin is spelled wrong! it was done on purpose. when i was younger my father and granfather always use to listen to led zeppelin on long car rides. now, when ever i take long trips with the family, i always associate it with gettin' the led out. this tradition was started before i could read and write. when i did learn to write, i use to spell zeppelin as zeplin. i continued to spell it like this for a long time, far after i learned how to correctly spell it just to tick off my dad and grandfather.
biggrin.gif
so the way i spelled zeplin is more of an inside joke. even at first, when i joined this forum, i couldn't use zeppelin because it was apparently already taken. but to this day, i've never seen anyone with the screen name "zeppelin" on head-fi???

May 22, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #35 of 113
went to usc, goose is my nickname from rowing crew.

May 22, 2004 at 7:23 PM Post #36 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
I got mine from a friend of my first wife. She used to always call me Mr. PD, I suppose it has something to do with the fact that P D is my first two initials. I usually go by Pauly, but that is rather common for internet log ins. A couple people call me Pollywog, but I try to not let that one stick.
icon10.gif

Please [size=small]please[/size] [size=medium]please[/size] [size=large]please[/size] [size=x-large]please[/size] tell me the 'D' doesn't stand for 'David'?

I can't think of an original username. So I just use Lisa. It's nice and short and international. It's short for Elisabeth, one of my first names.

May 22, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #38 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
i'm establishing my own country (austonia) but it's very exclusive and I can't afford to live there yet.

Kind of like Petoria on Family Guy!

My name is pretty gay. My initials are JV(JVD actually but the D cramps my style
tongue.gif
), and I'm small so... I wish I could change it now but what's in a name anyways? Not hand nor foot.......... I'm reading Romeo and Juliet in school right now.
tongue.gif

JV.

May 22, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #40 of 113
There used to be a comic book called Zot. Zot was the title character. The main girl's name was Jenny, hence Zotjen.

May 22, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #41 of 113
"Edwood" comes from the infamous director Ed D. Wood, Jr.

Some truly awful, but hilarious movies.

When Tim Burton's movie "Ed Wood" came out, I watched with a bunch of friends. Afterwards I did an impression of Johnny Depp's "I like to wear women's clothing." line and somehow the nickname "Ed Wood" stuck. It got used alot at early LAN parties. On BBS's. And I used it as my call sign for many many games. After which is got turned into one word. "Edwood".

I've used it on every forum since.

Oh, and BTW, I don't like to wear angora sweaters.

They're too itchy for me.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

May 22, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #42 of 113
ooooh, 5 or so years ago, I registered on the Diabloii.net forums as The_Machina (my last name is Machina, so it made sense to me).

Registered on the evercrest.com boards as the same thing, but they allow name changing, so it evolved over the years from The_Machina to The_Mac, then Big_Mac, then Burger, and of all of them, I think I like The_Mac best, so I use it most now.

May 22, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #45 of 113
Mine's really clever and amusing.
Are you ready for this? (pauses to build the suspense)

It's the first letter of my first name, followed by my entire last name.
LOL

(I'll tell ya', I ought'a write for Letterman)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back