What's the origin of your username?
May 22, 2004 at 2:39 PM Post #16 of 113
mine's actually a shortned version of jefe-meister-bro. Jefe as is "cheif." One of my good friends came up with it somehow. Strangely enough, I later found out that the -meister tag is used quite often by Wadia folks on the internet.

May 22, 2004 at 2:44 PM Post #17 of 113
Have been in the Kiting community for many years, making and competing with them all over the world. Among the kiters in the U.S., everyone has custom license plates, like KYTPOOR, KiteCZY, and such. Our Friends had the license plates KYTLady, and his was KYTman, and since we frequently travel as a group together, we got KYTGuy (my name is Guy) and KYTGal license plates on our cars.

May 22, 2004 at 2:53 PM Post #18 of 113
The title of a very strange short story by Murakami Haruki
tongue.gif

-kaitsuburi

May 22, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #19 of 113
Years ago when I started working at the camp I run in the summertime, it was the habit to call people by their last names. My boss couldn't pronounce my last name correctly -- he said "hemp-camp" -- and it stuck.

--Chris

May 22, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #20 of 113
Mine is just my nickname here at college with the other guys on my cross country team. Nothing special
cool.gif

May 22, 2004 at 3:35 PM Post #21 of 113
i always go to sleep at around 4-5am because i have a sleeping disorder, so during the day i'm always napping. My friends called me the sandman but i thought that was hella LARPy (Live Action Role Players) so I decided Sleepking was more appropriate and less wierd.
substituted the Y so that i can use this same username on any vbulletin, sign up or what have you.

May 22, 2004 at 4:06 PM Post #23 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
i'm establishing my own country (austonia) but it's very exclusive and I can't afford to live there yet.

LOL! I remeber the first time I saw your name, the first thing I thought of was Estonia..
wink.gif
Can I be president?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2004 at 4:32 PM Post #25 of 113
I got mine from a friend of my first wife. She used to always call me Mr. PD, I suppose it has something to do with the fact that P D is my first two initials. I usually go by Pauly, but that is rather common for internet log ins. A couple people call me Pollywog, but I try to not let that one stick.
icon10.gif

May 22, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #26 of 113
Mine is totally random characters! WOo!

A while ago I was trying to think of an interesting user name, and EVERYTHING I tried was already taken.. so I just started slamming keys on the keyboard. Somewhere in the mess was "sduidbektu" or something, and it reminded me of the real name "Stewie" (sort for Stuart) and I was like "Whatever, i'll use it." People have trouble pronouncing it sometimes, muhahaha.

May 22, 2004 at 5:14 PM Post #27 of 113
Two of my favorite bands are Iron Maiden and Dream Theater, I just put the two together into something that sounded neat. Plus it makes it seem as if I am always dreaming of metal, and in the case of my relation to hi-fi it is true, since I am always dreaming of how much better my metal can sound.

May 22, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #28 of 113
it came from the character terry bogard from the game fatal fury. dont laugh! so anyway i could go with something else but since i have use it so much it would be conventional to just stick with it.

May 22, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #30 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Two of my favorite bands are Iron Maiden and Dream Theater, I just put the two together into something that sounded neat. Plus it makes it seem as if I am always dreaming of metal, and in the case of my relation to hi-fi it is true, since I am always dreaming of how much better my metal can sound.

Cool
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back