What's the origin of your username?
post-835828
Post #106 of 113

aphex944

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Aphex Twin ya'll!

944 comes from the Porsche 944, a car I like. I'm using the name "volcano" now. Speaking of which, any easy way to change my nick?

post-836330
Post #107 of 113

AGR

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
AGR

Andretti Green Racing

post-836343
Post #108 of 113

pennylane

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm bad with names. I couldn't think of one. I had the Beatles song in my head, so pennylane it was.

post-836353
Post #109 of 113

saint.panda

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
My real name is Tao Tao. Oddly enough, there's a panda in Berlin Zoo called Tao Tao and there's also a cartoon series with a Tao Tao being the protagonist. Guess what kind of animal he is.
I wanted to choose "panda" as my ebay name but that was already chosen so I just added something in front. That's how I came to saint.panda

post-836416
Post #110 of 113

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
Reaction score
I used to be KeVlaR way back when I first joined Head-Fi (only around 100 members then!) and used that Username for ages.

Then.... I was threatened with legal action by the Nazi's that owned the copyright to that name and I promptly had to change it.

So it got changed to Trawlerman because of my interest in Deep-Sea trawlers. See my website http://www.arcticcorsair.f9.co.uk/corsair

post-836427
Post #111 of 113

eyeteeth

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trawlerman
I used to be KeVlaR

Then.... I was threatened with legal action by the Nazi's that owned the copyright to that name

I smell another threat of legal action. JK

post-836434
Post #112 of 113

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
Like I mentioned before, Onix is my cat's name, a beautiful tuxedo black and white male, perhaps the bigger (not fatter) cat I have ever seen or had the chance to hold in my arms. He's no longer with me since my wife doesn't like animals and was concerned about our kids security (not that the cat ever did anything to him), so I had to give him in adoption, along with his sister Jasper. I can't believe I am moved to tears while writing this, but I really love that cat and he reminded me of so many traits of my own personality that when I started using a knickname I choose "Onix."

Sorry to hear that, Onix... I like cats so much, I would be tempted to get a divorce (just kidding... but really, what's up with a woman who dislikes animals... I can't understand it...
).

post-836453
Post #113 of 113

plainsong

Headphoneus Supremus: Untie!
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe your wife would have put the you through this had she really truly totally realised how you felt. Hopefully you can talk to her about this and about bringing a cat back into the house. A pet is such an enriching experience for children.

But for my usename. In the early 90s I was Aria on GlobalMUSH and TinyTim MUSH. This was because I was a vocal performance major, so my friends suggested Aria. Mushing was popular at my college. I never really liked the name though. My then fiancee online, Juni, got me into the Cure. We went from VR to RL, so when it came for time to use a nick again online, it was natural to pick something musical, slightly feminine, and a title to a favorite song... Plainsong. He stayed as Juni though. Since then every girl and their dog picks the name Aria. I was the original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
Like I mentioned before, Onix is my cat's name, a beautiful tuxedo black and white male, perhaps the bigger (not fatter) cat I have ever seen or had the chance to hold in my arms. He's no longer with me since my wife doesn't like animals and was concerned about our kids security (not that the cat ever did anything to him), so I had to give him in adoption, along with his sister Jasper. I can't believe I am moved to tears while writing this, but I really love that cat and he reminded me of so many traits of my own personality that when I started using a knickname I choose "Onix." I have used it probably since 1994. Before then I was Ktzal and Emerson (from Emerson, Lake and Palmer).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)