What's the first album you listen to when you get new gear?
Jul 7, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #17 of 29
qvas7q-silver-preview-m3.jpg

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #18 of 29
1625648026543.png

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #19 of 29
16 bit/ 44.1 kHz
97F0DC63-C647-440B-885D-D8D32CE6FD59.jpeg

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #22 of 29
For me it's Tool Fear Inoculum or really the entire Tool discography. But especially 10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum.

Jul 7, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #23 of 29
Great recording!
One of the all time best album in my book. If there's such a truly neutral reference album, this is one of them. Sonics=10, Substance=10...

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #25 of 29
I’ve never heard the digital copy even come close to how the vinyl sounds. It is somehow one recording that never made it over to digital? The thickness and tone of that album is elusive, I think?
One of the all time best album in my book. If there's such a truly neutral reference album, this is one of them. Sonics=10, Substance=10...

Oct 18, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #28 of 29
For me it's not really an album but it's 3 or 4 songs from 2 different albums by the same artist, that is my favourite artist, whom I've actually had the pleasure of meeting (Coldplay). I know the song "The Scientist" extremely well, the original album version recording of "The Scientist" has some sounds right at the beginning of the track, that you don't always hear. It's the sound of fingers strumming an acoustic guitar, and you can also hear someone breathing for a couple of seconds, it's not always audible depending on the capabilities of the headphone or equipment in use. Another is the Coldplay song "Magic", to me, this song is the ultimate song for testing the bass response of headphones, not because it's a headbanger (it isn't) but because there are around 3 or 4 different bass notes being played in this song, at the same time, and not every headphone reaches low enough in the bass to pick it up. Another would be the Coldplay song "O", and again depending on the capabilities of the headphone you use and/or the equipment, you might hear the sound of Chris Martins fingers press down on the keys of his Yamaha DU1E3 piano. These are my go-to favourite songs for testing any new headphones and/or audio equipment I purchase.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #29 of 29
I have the original LP, CD and vinyl remaster and it has always been an album I come back to. Any new gear I audition this is the first play.
The_The_-_Soul_Mining_CD_album_cover.jpg
got the original year press (back home), cd reissue and the 45 rpm on cd re-issue collection.
Let's play it again, shall we...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back