What's the fastest speed you've traveled in a car?
Feb 15, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #91 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
285km/hr.

In an Aston Martin DB9 coupé on the German autobahn.
I was behind the wheel myself.

k1000smile.gif

You guess what music was playing?

My father's on the waiting list for a V8 Vantage. DB9 was too expensive if he wanted to keep a daily driver. DB9's don't do too well in the snow CT gets.

I drive a Ford Escape.....
blink.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #93 of 124
RX-7 160-165 ( according tot he speedo) on the highway. Good thing i was the passenger.

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #94 of 124
130mph in a really old rover 200, near Gatwick at about 11:30am on a busy highway.

I wasn't driving, my friend kept at that speed for about 5 mins straight...the cars ancient, sort of sounded like an airplane at that speed. we came up behind a bentley continental GT and it moved out of the way for us haha.

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #95 of 124
A mere 90mph, and just that got me excited; I can't imagine what it'd be like to go more than twice as fast in some sort of sports/racing car
blink.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #96 of 124
The fastest that I have ever driven a car on the road is on the Pennsylvania Turnpike between exit 9 and 10....in my 550 Maranello Ferrari and it was 198 mph. The fastest I was ever pulled over for doing 155 mph in NY State.

I have a few tickets to prove it...and I paid dearly....with Insurance premiums...I was a bad boy a very bad boy.....

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #98 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Displayman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fastest that I have ever driven a car on the road is on the Pennsylvania Turnpike between exit 9 and 10....in my 550 Maranello Ferrari and it was 198 mph. The fastest I was ever pulled over for doing 155 mph in NY State.

I have a few tickets to prove it...and I paid dearly....with Insurance premiums...I was a bad boy a very bad boy.....

If you actually have a Maranello (or any recent Ferrari for that matter) you really shouldn't be worrying about insurance.

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #99 of 124
fastest I've ever driven myself was 100mph in my Mustang GT, have did that plenty of times, but never above, as there is just not enough space on the only roads around here I even think about severly speeding on *has never gotten a speeding ticket... yet*

as a passenger, the fastest in a car would be about 160ish in my grandparents last car, a Corvette C6

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #102 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Displayman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Proof?

Feb 15, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #104 of 124
Just ask any of the guys who have been with me on any road trip and they will tell you that I was one of the fastest cars they ever rode in. I even got a ticket for 135 and reckless driving when I was out of the car for more than 30 minutes in Indy parked with 250 other Ferrari's and in my room when the State Troopers banged on my door and asked me to come out and see the Sargent. 20 Police Cars around my car and I was not even in it.

The President of the Ferrari Club said take the ticket or they will tow your car and you will miss tomorrows Formula One Race.... So I did...and that was an inproper ticket since I was not in the car when they found me and I was not speeding on the way back from dinner. But I took the ticket anyway and that cost me $3,000.00 per year surcharge for three years for that ticket. The Lesson here is fight all tickets ..... Displayman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back