What's the best way to strap on a portable amp?
Mar 15, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 17
large rubberband.
i was thinking possibly those rubber bracelets that are sort of popular now. you know the one's that have different phrases such as "Livestrong" and such.

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 17
Velcro works well, is readily available, easily removed, comes in colors, and is inexpensive. I prefer this except when going ampless when I do not like the Velcro on the back of my Karma (it makes it hard to get in & out of the mindspring case.

An alternative is the "Hair Scrunchy" used for pony tails, they are decorative and do not leave anything on the equipment when not in use.

Another is the elastic bands with the velcro on them made for wrapping guitar cables and such. They come in various colors and sizes and also do not leave anything on the equipment when not in use.

Mar 15, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #5 of 17
Per Xin, Poly-Bands are another option.

Xin is really big on using clear polybands in securing his amp to mp3 players. These same polybands can also secure any amp to the DAC.

From Xin's fixup.net:

r8gumq.jpg

Polybands come in many colors (clear too), are strong, and don't smell like rubber. They keep items together and prevent scratching of the metal cases.

You buy them in the women's hair accessories section where hair "bungees" are. I saw them in my supermarket and local drug store. Cheap too.

Having said all that, sticky velcro does have its place, and it's popular because it does work well. Options, options. . . .

icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #6 of 17
If you're willing to spend a bit of money to protect your equipment, then check out the bags on the HeadRoom web site. They accommodate various combinations of players and/or amplifiers and are very well constructed.

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #7 of 17
I second the bags. No straps, just plop it in there. You won't stress about rubber bands or velcro straps marring your amp's finish that way too.

BurnBlack.JPG

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I second the bags. No straps, just plop it in there. You won't stress about rubber bands or velcro straps marring your amp's finish that way too.

BurnBlack.JPG

Nice Porta up there, looks very powerfull with those cables.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Velcro works well, is readily available, easily removed, comes in colors, and is inexpensive. I prefer this except when going ampless when I do not like the Velcro on the back of my Karma (it makes it hard to get in & out of the mindspring case.

absolutely correct
icon10.gif

I use these guys,have for years and years :

pRS1C-2265210w345.jpg

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

for three bucks can't beat it with a stick.

for the "gotta have it" I want the best crew there is always the Hi-Tech version :
tongue.gif

210157329_200.jpg

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_d...=1142453176209

Mar 15, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 17
My bithead came with a tonne of little velcro tabs or whatever you call them. I didn't think they would work well but it does a damn good job. The hooked tabs are on the bithead a little recessed in specific spots for them so I rarely notice that, and the softer tabs on the h120 really don't cause me any annoyance at all when they are not joined.

I dunno how long they will keep the grip, but I guess I shall see.

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #12 of 17
I'm sure it depends on the surfaces of your amp and your dap, but for my ipod and PA2V2 (both have quite smooth finishes) blu-tack works so well you'd scarcely believe it. Leaves no marks, seperates easily, but holds everything together securely. You could use elastic bands with it as well I suppose, but I've found no need to as yet.
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #14 of 17
Yep, it definitely works!

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #15 of 17
No. No, No to suggestions other than the PolyBands if you are using a small portable amp w/ Nano or other small Ipod-style device. In New York they are usually found amongst the Ladies Haircare products in Drugstores (at least that is where I KNOW to find them). A package of 52 costs aprox. $3.20........the brand name I've used is Scünci (made in Japan). They are the neatest solution, and hard to break.......see RockinOut post above for pic..,also thanks to Xin for orig. suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back