What's the best USB audio cable for the money?
Jul 9, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #136 of 1,242
  I would first upgrade the power supply for the Regen (if you are using the stock PS presently). I think different USB cables may give you some different flavor, but not necessarily a cost effective improvement over what you have currently. From what I have read about the Yggy sound, you may prefer the W4S Recovery reclocker, which would probably be a cheaper net cost for the upgrade. You can sell off either the Regen or the Recovery after you make your selection, however both will benefit significantly from a power supply upgrade. Many of those USB cables can be returned after trial, so if you do not mind dealing with that type stuff, just research in advance which suppliers honor their commitments for the return policy.  

Thanks for the info. I have all my gear plugged into PS Audio PerfectWave power bases . They clean up the 'dirty' AC nicely. 

Aug 24, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #138 of 1,242
So I want to go from standard USB(2.0 or 3.0) to an audio jack (3.5mm) for a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

Here's why:
iPhone uses lightning port, but there is now a powered USB adapter. Then I can connect the USB to audio to my headphone amp, which would provide better sound quality then built in jack but still let me charge my phone

Aug 24, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #139 of 1,242
So I want to go from standard USB(2.0 or 3.0) to an audio jack (3.5mm) for a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

Here's why:
iPhone uses lightning port, but there is now a powered USB adapter. Then I can connect the USB to audio to my headphone amp, which would provide better sound quality then built in jack but still let me charge my phone

You still need a DAC. Something like the Audioquest Dragonfly or Chord Mojo are suggestions. 

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #141 of 1,242
This is the best Copper material USB cables to my understanding, using UPOCC copper with the largest sizes 20AWG cores, and a lot of all other good stuff. It was made for only one purpose...to achieve the best sound quality using Copper as the materials.

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #143 of 1,242
  In search of an USB A/B cable for my DAC i stumbled upon the Belkin Gold series.
It looks like these have been discontinued. What is the commonly accepted alternative?

Not discontinued as far as I can tell: http://amzn.to/2eG6oLC

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #147 of 1,242
  If you're looking for a serious USB cable you could have a look at this:

http://www.moon-audio.com/b-m-c-pure-usb-1.html

BMC is a very serious german engineering company and they are not into snake oil, they would only make something like this if they could measure that it actually works.

Thanks TwoEars: I just pull the trigger for this 5 mins after I read your post. Can't wait. Cheers!

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #148 of 1,242
Wireworld Starlights and Ultraviolets are very good. Other than that, I had a Moon Audio Silver Dragon before, it's very clean and premium sounding, but I think I prefer copper-based cables overall.

I don't think USB cables will make a big difference as long as it's not too crappy.

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #149 of 1,242
Wireworld Starlights and Ultraviolets are very good. Other than that, I had a Moon Audio Silver Dragon before, it's very clean and premium sounding, but I think I prefer copper-based cables overall.

I don't think USB cables will make a big difference as long as it's not too crappy.

It actually does, and sometimes even more than your headphones cables. It depends, but yeah, the copper USB cables sound great :D, just as long as it is solid conductor and of good purity

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #150 of 1,242
It actually does, and sometimes even more than your headphones cables. It depends, but yeah, the copper USB cables sound great
biggrin.gif
, just as long as it is solid conductor and of good purity

Yes. Cable upgrades are usually much more subtle than mods. To me, connection upgrade don't worth the money if they cost 16% more than the gear itself. 3% and 10% are the sweet spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back