What's the best setup for console gaming: HT Reciever + Bluetooth Headphones or Astro A50s???
Mar 1, 2018 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

drtombrown

New Head-Fier
Anyone using a home theater receiver and audiophile-grade bluetooth headphones for console gaming?

I've been researching the daylights outta this topic and could use some good feedback as per the thread title. I know the Astro's are top-of-the-line for console gaming but I am curious what the equal or better set up would be in comparison for a true audiophile using a HTR + Bluetooth Heaphones? As for mic, I don't mind using either the built-in mic on the headphones or an aftermarket mic that plugs into my controller via 3.5mm adapter such as the vmoda boom pro here

I believe that the Astro Mix Amp converts a 5.1 audio signal from the XB1 (toslink) into "virtual surround" for (2-channel) headphones (correct if necessary).

Can a good HTR do what the mix amp can do (maybe even better) via audiophile-grade bluetooth headphones???

If so, any advice + gear suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 1, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 4
Trying to figure out why you need to use the receiver in the first place, if your using wireless blue-tooth headphones?

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Trying to figure out why you need to use the receiver in the first place, if your using wireless blue-tooth headphones?

Thanks for replying so fast. Yes, I am eyeing the Yamaha RX-V781BL which transmits bluetooth audio so I am 'assuming' I could connect my XB1 (toslink) ---> HTR ----> Bluetooth ----> Headphones (Crossfade 2 Wireless) (?)

I know for sure that a pair of wired high impedance audiophile headphones should be the calling here however I'd like to explore if bluetooth is an option as well.

Your feedback is much appreciated!!!

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for replying so fast. Yes, I am eyeing the Yamaha RX-V781BL which transmits bluetooth audio so I am 'assuming' I could connect my XB1 (toslink) ---> HTR ----> Bluetooth ----> Headphones (Crossfade 2 Wireless) (?)
I know for sure that a pair of wired high impedance audiophile headphones should be the calling here however I'd like to explore if bluetooth is an option as well.
Your feedback is much appreciated!!!
I'm not sure if the Yamaha can pass it's Silent Cinema Headphone surround sound, thru it's Blue-tooth?
I would run HDMI cable from the gaming console, to the Yamaha RX-V781, then plug 250-Ohm headphones into the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back