What's the best player for audiobook bookmarks?
Aug 10, 2008 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tomwom

100+ Head-Fier
I'm wondering which player is the most user friendly. This is what I want it to do:
If I switch from listening to a book, to listening to music, I want to be able to switch back to my book where I left off.

What players out there will allow me to do this?

Thanks.

Aug 11, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most Creative players will allow you to bookmark and return to a specific place in any audio track, although you have to manually set the bookmark before changing tracks.

Ditto the TrekStor vibez. The vibez bookmarking stores the entire running playlist and your exact location within it. I don't use audiobooks myself, but I imagine this would be helpful if the chapters are broken up into individual tracks.

One downside to the vibez: no support for Audible format.

Aug 11, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #8 of 10
With the D2 you can manually add multiple bookmarks. It will remember your position in the last file you were playing (if you turn on the resume option). It doesn't automatically bookmark where you stopped.

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the Vibes F even out yet?

Nope. Personally I'm hoping the finally release the damn thing at this year's IFA. It was at IFA 2007 that they announced they were going to have a flash vibez. I imagine a year should be plenty of time to make it happen, especially with all the truly fantastic firmware improvements they've made over the past 10 months.

Here's hoping.
atsmile.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nv88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the D2 you can manually add multiple bookmarks. It will remember your position in the last file you were playing (if you turn on the resume option). It doesn't automatically bookmark where you stopped.

Thanks that's what I wanted to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back