Whats the best most affordable way to drive the HD 650?
Mar 14, 2006 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 10
You want the best or you want the most affordable?
600smile.gif

IMHO you will be happier with the micro DAC and amp. The current bitheads don't have enough juice. Think Zu Mobius cable as well. SAYW.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa
You want the best or you want the most affordable?
600smile.gif

IMHO you will be happier with the micro DAC and amp. The current bitheads don't have enough juice. Think Zu Mobius cable as well. SAYW.
biggrin.gif

Oh... my bad english, I want the most affordable yet still fulfulling most of its potential, if one can say that...
smily_headphones1.gif

Zu mobius cable? does it make a difference?

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
Ron, not to screw up your plans, but have you considered the gilmore lite found at headamp? This and the 650's are by far the most synergistic combo I've heard.

Thanks for recommending, no i havent even heard of them, I guess I better read a bit more via the search function

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 10
I have been using a Little Dot II with my HD600s for about 4 months. I imagine that this set up is not quite as good as some others that have been mentioned but it offers a level of sound quality that is very satisfying. At $150 it is a rig that is an excellent value.

Mar 14, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
Ron, not to screw up your plans, but have you considered the gilmore lite found at headamp? This and the 650's are by far the most synergistic combo I've heard.

Same here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #10 of 10
I used to use a Rega EAR with Senn HD580's and it was a great combination for little $$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back