What's the best IEM under 200?
Apr 19, 2012 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

FightBrothers

Head-Fier
i'm looking for a IEM that is under 200 with good soundstage good mids and highs, bass is not my biggest concern but it still have to nice and clear. i'm not an audiophile so i'm hoping for some opinions.

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 18
There's so many options in the under $200 area. Have you checked out Joker's huge multi-IEM review thread? He's covered a lot of the top contenders in this price range. 
smile.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 18
PFE 0xx/1xx
Moshi (both the Vortex Pro and Clarus)
  1. Vortex (Pro) if you're wearing them up (as opposed to down, they are heavy)
Etymotic (both the HF5/3/2 and EtyKids 5/3)
  1. If you don't mind ear rape for the first week (you'll adjust though :))
Brainwavz B2
Monster Gratitude
  1. If you can withstand the discomfort issue :frowning2:

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #6 of 18
+1 to the GR07, really fits the bill for what you're looking for

Etymotics are nice, but for a first timer going into hi-fi territory, I suggest looking for something not so analytical...
Etymotics tend to be too dry sometimes... although they are eerily accurate

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #10 of 18

Quote:
What do you guys think of the UE triplefi compare with some of these choices? my friend is highly suggesting me to buy the UE but i don't really know for sure that is for me.

People are going to tell you to get the one they like, most of the time. There really isnt any real way to know except to try them. Easier said than done though. You can be pointed in the right direction if you know what sound signature you prefer, also list some music you listen to the most. In the end you still have to let your ears decide.

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #15 of 18
I enjoyed my TF10 and am also not an audiophile but my standards have been progressing upward over time, I got them on amazon when they were $99.  Very balanced to me and the bass was nice w/o being intrusive.  I had them custom molded but actually liked them better in the stock housing.  I used to flip them in my ears (R speaker in L ear) to wear under a motorcycle helmet but they still hurt on long rides so I had inearz remold them. They're still worth the $220 currently on amazon IMO.

I recently broke mine but decided to try the e-Q5 instead since they really seem to suit my tastes very well according to members of this forum.  I was vacillating between them and the GR07 BE. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back