1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What's the best concert you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Music' started by aphex27, Dec 12, 2015.
  1. aphex27
    I've seen a lot of live concerts..metal, classical, jazz, rock, not to mention a million house/techno parties I've been to..
    But somehow I keep returning to this one concert over the years..and I wasn't even there

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhfbx_pixies-live-in-london-1988-41_music

Do you have a holy grail concert like that?

2. oldmate
    I buy a lot of Blu-Ray concerts and the best I have seen lately is AC/DC Live @ River Plate. All of Eric Clapton's Crossroads festivals are quite good also. Oh yeah, Rush, Snakes & Arrows pretty good also.

The audio on a lot of these releases can be ordinary but River Plate is quite ok.

3. Redcarmoose
    image.jpg

Rush 1978. There are no words which could explain.

4. oldmate
    610CDGkjhnL.jpg

Moving Pictures fan myself.

5. jonjt488
    I went to a Rodrigo y Gabriela concert in Detroit, right after their Area 52 album came out.  I really really really enjoyed that one.

6. Redcarmoose

image.jpg

7. oldmate
    Where did you get a picture of my missus??

8. Unclewall
    Black Sabbath with Ozzy 

9. R_burke
    One of two

Tower of Power, Cold Blood and Santana  There was an hour and a half encore with Tower of Power Horns, Lydia Pense and Dave Garabaldi sitting in with Santana and his band

Blues Project, Mahavishnu Orchestra and Emerson, Lake and Palmer  -  never heard of Mahavishnu Orchestra and was completely blown away by them, and they propelled ELP to be at the top of their game

10. Mr Rick
    I person it was David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" 

On CD: Queen at Wembley Stadium, 1986.